CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The two Big Dogs, Ole Red and Younger White

TDK

Well folks,

I guess we will still own/insure/etc - the '94 Deville Concours AKA "Big Red Dog", after getting the '99 Deville DHS "Big White Dog" earlier today. The Big Red Dog will stay with our youngest son in Reno, so they aren't going too far apart. We will take them both down in the morning. My son is excited about classing up his garage with a Caddy next to his tricked EVO.

I got some more good news about the Younger Big White Dog. It seems it was not simply the condenser, but the entire A/C compresor and high pressure switch were replaced/recharged due to leaking (about $1,500), about a month ago. Then there was an earlier $250 fix fee for a driver side window switch etc.

The audio CD with the repair paperwork from Lund in Phoenix (who was also the original dealer), recorded the mechanics actual comments on the various repairs, which included trouble shooting the remote trunk release for free. We are to complete some kind of GM feedback form from Lund, who claims to be the "World's largest Caddy, Hummer & Volvo dealership".

Here are some ccomparison pics on Photobucket, I hope they load ok:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The '94 is longer by the nose and has sharper lines. Considering how styles change, if the headlights could be vertically stacked and the tail lights flattened - it might just fool some folks.

I don't know if the wife will let her youngest son and me out with the two big dogs. I'm guesssing she might think we would run 'em against each other just a bit. I know the '94 has the 130 mph limiter, but I think the '99 poops out at 112 mph or so. :rolleyes:

Thanks again to this site and to those who commented last night and earlier today regarding the purchase of the '99.

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Looks great!!! I have been looking for a nice 99 Deville myself. My 94 Concours has about 159,000 miles on her now. Another 2000 miles and I will have put 100,000 on her. Did "Big Red Dog" lose her fender skirts? It still looks good.

VERY NICE!

I'd mate them and see if you could birth a cute little CTS. :P

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived