CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Do You Name Your Car ?

Texas Jim

Just wondering how many of you name your car.

If you do, what criteria do you use to pick a name.

Several of my cars, <but by no means all> down thru the years, have had what I would call, for lack of a better word, personalities.

I may be nuts, lots of people say so, but just wondering do ya'll feel the same way about your cars?

Posted Image

My '84 Cutlass was named "Flash". I haven't named either of the Cadillacs, but for no particular reason.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Yes, every member of the fleet has a name!

2002 STS = Blue Bomber

1999 4Runner = The Stone (Reliable, Heavy and S.L.O.W)

1991 F150 = The Bugly (Conjunction of Big Ugly Truck)

1987 442 = The Project (Will insure it on Mothers day 2005 2006 2007!

1983 Z28 = The Mullet (I long for those days)

In a sentence:

Hey Dad, lets take the Mullet to the parts store to get a fuel pump for the Project, the Bugly still smells bad from that load of manure we got for the garden and Mom's taken The Stone to pick up the Blue Bomber from the detailer.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

1984 Sedan Deville - "James" as in "Home James and through the park..."

1988 Ford Taurus Wagon - "The Griz" as in the Griswold's family wagon in Christmas Vacation.

1999 Deville Concours - "Bob" (car is Black-on-Black)

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

After highschool, I gave my cars only one singular name "sh*tbox!". I know it sounds bad, but I loved them all. My last "sh*tbox!" decided to unexpectedly get rid of its passenger side wheel assembly at 75 mph in a snowstorm on HWY 41. A nearby mechanic looked at it and said time to move up from deer hit specials and free cars from friends who felt bad for me (or owed me money). Here is a picture of the car I christened "Green Hornet" on the day I bought her. That's her official nickname (I even gave it to GM on their website: http://www.mygmlink.com).

Later, I developed a secret name for her, but people have been picking up on it as they accompany me in the car -- so, I'll let the secret name out on the forum. I call her "CaddySnack".

I don't know why, but I'm always hungry and going to a restaurant with it. Therefore, after driving I think she's more like a light snack than a heavy meal. After a heavy meal I feel tired and sleepy (which is fine), but after driving the CaddySnack its like having a tasty uplifting snack that doesn't leave me feeling tired -- just wanting more. More of what? -- I'm not quite sure yet. It's just hard to put back in the garage.

I need a new secret name.[attachmentid=3141]

post-5421-1173973796_thumb.jpg

Well,

Only our current '94 Caddy has earned the title of BRD "Big Red Dog" and I would guess the name will be retired with it.

My wife's and youngest son's 84 Horizon was the "Mouse Car" for almost 10-years until it finally went away. And it was a good little runner, (even after I sorta drove onto a rock with the oil pan etc, fer only a few hundred bucks). My son's amp and speakers could nearly levitate the rear end when cranked up but it was always a cream colored original.

When they get a name, they are in the family...

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

With Led Zeppelin usually blasting, a rear license plate frame with the LZ VI symbols, and being a nice soft silver color, she's gained the nickname 'Miz Led'. B)

With Led Zeppelin usually blasting, a rear license plate frame with the LZ VI symbols, and being a nice soft silver color, she's gained the nickname 'Miz Led'. B)

Heck, I have been Miz Led several times. :) Sometimes it was fun. :)

Sorry 'bout that. Couldn't resist. :):):)

Posted Image

The only car I ever named was my last Crimson Red '02 SLS (Ruby). Just seem appropriate. My daughter has her now and Ruby stuck. I had planned on naming this one, but nothing ever struck me so she is still unnamed.

Heck, I have been Miz Led several times. :) Sometimes it was fun. :)

Sorry 'bout that. Couldn't resist. :):):)

No apology nescessary! I woulda gone for it too. :)

I have regularly Miz Led'ed folks that they might beat me to the next light or that lane merge. :D (only a 180hp 4.5 but she smacks a surprise on faces... hehe)

• 8 months later...

we just call her the cadillac,the lexus we call betty boop wife car my daughter name that 2,the chevy 2 i call novascosha

Wiz DRIVE IT LIKE YOU own it!!!!!! 1967 chevy II ( FOR SALE!!!!) 1995 Lexus Es 300 1998 SLS

1993 STS - The Black Opal

2000 STS - Perfect Pearl

2008 CTS - Ruby, because she's red and "takes her love to town."

My current white caddy is "White Willie"

my prior black caddy was "black betty"

I had a Ford van that was "vanessa" ... and it goes back even further.

It all started when I was very young, my dad had a second car a 1953 green chevy belair that we called the "green weenie"..... as at that time the Pittsburgh Pirates had a good luck charm call that.

Oh yes, she has a name. Crystal. That was the name of my last secretary...... Now get your minds out of the gutter. I got rid of her so I could afford to buy the car. Been doing all the paper work for almost 6 years now.

Ride on.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Archived