CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A/C-Heater Fan doesn't come on

GaryB94558

I wondered if you guys had any thoughts on this one.

I have been using my heater/defroster through the winter with no problem. I turned on my A/C for the first time about a week ago. The cooling fan did not come on. In fact, now the fan won't come on at all, for heat or cooling.

The A/C Compressor Clutch engages for a few seconds and then disengages.

I read a few posts and figured out how to go into the diagnostics to read the trouble codes. Here is what popped up.

P122 A/C Coolant low voltage problem

P0603 No idea

P1122 Low Voltage Throttle Positioner

B0533 Fuel Sensor related

B2471 Interior Lamp

B2477 Reverse Lamp Relay

I know some of these don't apply to the problem I described, but I read several times where you guys said to list the codes as they roll off.

I have had a problem with the engine idle racing, so the P1122 code makes sense. And I have noticed my fuel level doesn't track correctly, so the B0533 code makes some sense.

I would appreciate the help. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post and any help you can give me.

Respectfully,

Gary

Blower motor went south. Common problem. Check the connector first to see if it is burnt. That would be a cheaper and easier fix, though not as common as the motor.

Larry is probably right. Unfortunately, when the blower motor goes out, it just does that silently, without setting a DTC. Use some contact cleaner at the connector and gently tap the motor with a rubber mallet. It's an ECM (Electronically Commuted Motor, as opposed to brushes) so it is not like doing the same on a suddenly stopped window motor or starter, but won't hurt trying (key-word: gently!).

P0603 is PCM Memory Reset, and happens every time the battery is disconnected (or has a loose or corroded terminal).

Archived