CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Well it finally happened... Got a code at 193k

TDK

Well it finally happened after about 107,000 miles and maybe 10-years ... Got a code!

Left the restaurant in Reno and noted the front lower scrapped a bit backing out on the parking stop. A few blocks later I nailed it hard enough to downshift to 1st entering the onramp and a few seconds later in the mid-70's got a "Service Ride Control".

She who must be obeyed yelped "What's that" and "What did you do now", similar to: "Why do you have to drive like that", "Someday you're gonna get picked up,", 'Are you ever gonna grow up?", yada yada etc.

Its OK tho, she likes the Big Red Dog and is ready to defend it from me, in particular - when I take it to where the Engineers designed it to go. Now that I think of it, it did go traction active this morning when I was turning and the inside tire spun a bit on the pavement.

Anyway, here are the very first codes I have ever noticed:

Current:

T073 . PCM - EBTCM/BCM Pulse Width Modulation Signal Fault

History:

S016 . Right Front Damper Solenoid Valve Short to Ground/Open

S055 . Resistor Module Short to Ground/Open

It is important to keep in mind that the original active suspension struts were replaced a couple years ago with passive struts and resistor-shunts to quiet the error codes.

The CV joints were replaced a few months ago so maybe the two history codes are from that work?

There are no other codes and still no noticeable performance issues. Just about unbelievable (considering no mercy asked for and none given).

I think the T073 might be transient in nature. Kinda like it was busy with other issues and Oh by the way. I'll give it that much slack, 'cause in "car years" this 1994 Deville Concours is probably a senior citizen, although it still likes to run with the young dogs. ;)

I'll take a peek at the right front strut to see if a resistor wire came loose (at some point).

Then again the whole thing mighta been from a possible "hard landing" on gravel roads some time ago as well. :rolleyes:

Let me know what you think.

Is it just hanging on and only one crank from the junkyard? :P

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived