CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My beloved Friday is gone.

This morning at 10:00 a.m. my beloved cat, Friday, was peacefully put to sleep after a short battle against a very aggressive form of breast cancer. He developed signs of congestive heart failure two days ago and this morning I made the dreadfully painful decision of having him put down. His ashes will be returned to me in about one week. He will live on forever in my heart...

Rest in peace my little baby...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Friday, and the fine photographs. My condolences for our loss.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I am sorry Marika.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I am sorry Marika.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. Friday was more than just a pet, he was a true part of me. It's going to be very hard to get on without him but I'll manage. His ashes will be coming home in about 1 week so with him close to me again hopefully I'll begin to find closure.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I'm sorry for you, Marika. I've lived the loss of many special "Friends" and know there is no easy way about it. After one passes, we get another!. The last time we got a pair of Siamese Brothers, to "Pal" with our remaining mixed Siamese guy, Smokey.

His brother Bailey, left too early from heart problems.

Go get another one! Feed with Iams, or better, and enjoy.

Once the "New" cat has trained you, many years of enjoyment will follow. You know the "Drill"....

rek

Sorry for your loss Marika, I had to have my dog put down, held him while they did it and sat in the parking lot crying for an hour. Bad day

Best, Joe

Hey, I'm very sorry to hear that.... my deepest condolences on your loss....

It is tough. You'll certainly never forget him...

My buddy Fritz passed away Feb 4, 2005... had to put him to sleep. It was very tough. Kept him alive for like 7 months injecting him with Normosol-R... but eventually, it was too much, his heart and Kidneys wouldn't keep running.....

My humane society had a grief management thing... it was somewhat helpful. You might look into that, if you feel it's necessary....

I'm sorry for you, Marika. I've lived the loss of many special "Friends" and know there is no easy way about it. After one passes, we get another!. The last time we got a pair of Siamese Brothers, to "Pal" with our remaining mixed Siamese guy, Smokey.

His brother Bailey, left too early from heart problems.

Go get another one! Feed with Iams, or better, and enjoy.

Once the "New" cat has trained you, many years of enjoyment will follow. You know the "Drill"....

I have another cat still, Simone. She's 10 years old but seemingly in good health. I was feeding Friday Science Diet because he had experienced a urinary blockage a few years back. The Science Diet seemed to do the trick as he never had to return to the veterinarian for that problem. Simone is also eating the Science Diet simply because you really can't feed her something that's not the same as what the other cat is eating, she's the jealous type. So, all in all, I still have Simone albeit she's not the friendly, mushy, cuddly cat that Friday was.

Hey, I'm very sorry to hear that.... my deepest condolences on your loss....

It is tough. You'll certainly never forget him...

My buddy Fritz passed away Feb 4, 2005... had to put him to sleep. It was very tough. Kept him alive for like 7 months injecting him with Normosol-R... but eventually, it was too much, his heart and Kidneys wouldn't keep running.....

My humane society had a grief management thing... it was somewhat helpful. You might look into that, if you feel it's necessary....

I found a website that really helped me understand the process of grief and helped me examine and understand my choices more clearly. http://www.pet-loss.net

I've had pets in the past that I had to put down but the choice was very clear to me as to what had to be done with them and most importantly, when it had to be done.

With Friday, it wasn't as clear to me medically, psychologically or emotionally. He was eating, but he wasn't. He would sometimes have a burst of energy and play a bit, and then he wouldn't. He kept showing me how much he wanted to hang onto life it almost killed me having him put down. That website offered excellent information regarding how to more clearly judge the issue of "quality of life". The information, as I said was excellent, but it didn't really make it easier to have him put down. I kept hoping God would take him but I guess God wanted me to finish the job I had started nearly 14 years ago. I'm still having bursts of tears today.

This hurts like nothing else in the world.

I know that is little consolation for the way you feel today, but try not to let your sadness overule all of the years of happieness, enjoyment and memories you have had with Friday..

Right now, you probably can not think about a new pet (I am a cat person myself), and no pet will take the place of Friday, but someday hopefully you will consider a new buddy, feel better, Marika

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

That is a nice website.....

I had the same problem with Fritz.... he seemed like he was pretty much his old self, so I kept giving him the injections.... which , I wonder if that was the right thing to do....

Then one day, he didn't want to get up in the morning...just wouldn't move... and he gave me the "Hey man, check please, I'm out" look, and I knew it was time....

I was in the room when the put him to sleep, and, I don't know if all vets do this, but mine first gave him a painkiller shot.... and he sorta perked up after he got that, so I knew he was pretty miserable... and someday, I'll have to forgive myself for keeping him around too long, but anyway, then they give him, you know, the final shot.... and he was gone, just like that....

I was very stoic thru that, but then I lost it....

I got the seperate cremation, so I have his ashes... a 5 lb toy poodle gives you a very small little bag of ashes, I'm afraid.... I got a plaster-cast pawprint, too, which is nice, and I have that all in a little shadowbox I made....

I seem to have gotten something in my eye here, excuse me....

Anyways, I'll certainly never forget him....

From his younger days... always stealin' my seat....

IPB Image

That is a nice website.....

I had the same problem with Fritz.... he seemed like he was pretty much his old self, so I kept giving him the injections.... which , I wonder if that was the right thing to do....

Then one day, he didn't want to get up in the morning...just wouldn't move... and he gave me the "Hey man, check please, I'm out" look, and I knew it was time....

I was in the room when the put him to sleep, and, I don't know if all vets do this, but mine first gave him a painkiller shot.... and he sorta perked up after he got that, so I knew he was pretty miserable... and someday, I'll have to forgive myself for keeping him around too long, but anyway, then they give him, you know, the final shot.... and he was gone, just like that....

I was very stoic thru that, but then I lost it....

I got the seperate cremation, so I have his ashes... a 5 lb toy poodle gives you a very small little bag of ashes, I'm afraid.... I got a plaster-cast pawprint, too, which is nice, and I have that all in a little shadowbox I made....

I seem to have gotten something in my eye here, excuse me....

Anyways, I'll certainly never forget him....

From his younger days... always stealin' my seat....

IPB Image

Oh, what an adorable doggy. I ordered this cremation urn from a place out in Texas. The color reminded me of Friday's eyes. I'm looking forward to bringing him home, even if only in spirit.

http://www.prestigememorials.com/index.php...tails/pid/17433

That looks nice.... it'll definitely be big enough....

Friday's eyes were amazing...

Archived