CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS-V aftermarket upgrade to L92 heads

Interesting engine option if I understand the kit, SLP has an option here: http://www.slponline.com/coming_soon_12292.asp to let you upgrade the LS2 engine in the current CTS-V 6L (400hp) with the heads from the Escalade's L92 (6.2L) engine (403hp) and a new intake, resulting in a 435hp (or so) CTS-V.

I like this kit as a Caddy fan since it uses the Cadillac-only L92 heads to upgrade the current CTS-V's Corvette engine. Seems pricey for $2K plus install for 35hp, but it is an all-engine solution, no blower etc and does help torque and power throughout the rev range, not just at the top end, AND it is less expensive than after-market heads.

The replacement for the LS2 6L is likely to be called the LS3 6.2L, and will be a "performance" variant of the Escalade engine (the torque variant?), with VVT added, and is expected to make 425hp-450hp. It is easy to see how.

It is not clear what engine the 09 CTS-V will get; if I were guessing (and I am) I would say the supercharged NS for 470hp, but we still have not heard confirmation it will fit, or the supercharged LS9 engine for 650hp to let it compete with the 500hp M5.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Interesting engine option if I understand the kit, SLP has an option here: http://www.slponline.com/coming_soon_12292.asp to let you upgrade the LS2 engine in the current CTS-V 6L (400hp) with the heads from the Escalade's L92 (6.2L) engine (403hp) and a new intake, resulting in a 435hp (or so) CTS-V.

I like this kit as a Caddy fan since it uses the Cadillac-only L92 heads to upgrade the current CTS-V's Corvette engine. Seems pricey for $2K plus install for 35hp, but it is an all-engine solution, no blower etc and does help torque and power throughout the rev range, not just at the top end, AND it is less expensive than after-market heads.

The replacement for the LS2 6L is likely to be called the LS3 6.2L, and will be a "performance" variant of the Escalade engine (the torque variant?), with VVT added, and is expected to make 425hp-450hp. It is easy to see how.

It is not clear what engine the 09 CTS-V will get; if I were guessing (and I am) I would say the supercharged NS for 470hp, but we still have not heard confirmation it will fit, or the supercharged LS9 engine for 650hp to let it compete with the 500hp M5.

I think the CTS really needs a Cadillac motor,and not a Corvette motor.

I never liked cars that have a different motor than It's own brand.

Sure It's GM and It's nice and all,but I think that is what GM is always been doing wrong.

Making the same kind of cars with different names.

The CTS should get a Baby Northstar or something.

And for the STS they should make the Northstar like 6.0 Liter or something.

V-12 would be perfect.

That's just my opinion though...

Florin

I am much less concerned with an engine being exclusive to Cadillac than I am that the engine is powerful and efficient. I would much rather see Cadillac get the best variant of any GM engine, and use the best engines they can get.

There is almost no aftermarket parts available for Cadillac-exclusive engines and tons of aftermarket for the corvette powerplants.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I am much less concerned with an engine being exclusive to Cadillac than I am that the engine is powerful and efficient. I would much rather see Cadillac get the best variant of any GM engine, and use the best engines they can get.

There is almost no aftermarket parts available for Cadillac-exclusive engines and tons of aftermarket for the corvette powerplants.

If they were powerful enough they wouldn't need any aftermarket parts.

And if your driving a Cadillac you wouldn't much care of it being efficient.

Most of my friends that drive Mercedes and BMWs always stick it in my face that the Cadillacs have Chevy motors in world class cars like the cadillac CTS-V.

They truly believe that Chevys are not world class cars,so they consider them crap.Period.

They don't look at them as Corvette powered cars,but Chevy powered cars.

They won't even look at them because of that.

I disagree with them because I know GM builds better motors than them,but that's how they think.

They will look at the Audis before the Caddys.

Florin

Archived