CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Window trouble

Gyounker

I know you say the switch isn't the problem, but are you positive sure? The motors are controlled by the switch positions which control the reversible grounds of the motor. I had similar problem and thought the switch was good...it wasn't. Junk/corrosion eats the little contacts in the switch and/or the little rocker mechanism gets faulty. The motor has a Hot feed when in key On or in RAP, so check that first. If the circuit has power, then you can check each ground for motor operation. Replacing the MSA isn't too difficult......If there is something binding in the window mechanism, the load on that motor would be very high and easily compaired to the working window. Hope this helps some........

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

Does it work at all, ever? Say, when you've just started the car?

A member here or on the other board found that his switch was stuck in the UP position.

As a result, it popped the circuit breaker 20 seconds or so after the vehicle was started. That gave the impression the motor was defective.

Another popular trick around here is to hold the switch while slamming the door. If the motor armature has a "dead spot," this might get you going.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Maybe these will help:

PWSystemCheck.doc

SwitchEldorado.doc

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

If the door slamming trick doesn't work (it didn't on mine), you may have to take the motor out and service it. On mine, I removed the door panel, and whacked it with a screwdriver handle to free up the armature. That worked, it freed it up, but it wont last long. I ended up just cleaning and lubing up the motor, and it's worked like a champ ever since.

95 Eldo---Sold!

05 STS4-WooHoo!!!!!

Archived