CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

O2 Sensor

Anyone have a trusted online GM parts dealer? I need an Oxy Sensor for my '87 Deville. The price range I've found is from $65 to $22 for the same geniune GM or AC Delco part, so I don't know what to believe? Thanks

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

I like to deal with gmotors.com, but that said an O2 sensor is an O2 sensor I would think. I imagine they are mostly made by bosch anyway?

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

There are two or three in your car, one or two in the exhaust manifold and one after the catlytic converter. Rock Auto,

http://www.rockauto.com/

has a selection, with prices from $15.16 to $36.79, depending on brand (including Delco) and which one.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

My '87 has one I'm pretty sure, but I haven't crawled under the car to find out exactly where it is and how I can get to it. I now understand the price differences. My system is an NA5 and, of course, needs the more expensive sensor. Those cars than are not NA5/Calif/some other 'standard' can use the $22 piece. Once I got the right part number, I did a search using it and found rockauto. They are the least expensive....$43 with shipping! (USPS not that pita UPS) This is for a GM unit.

I'm only comfortable using GM/AC Delco electrical replacement parts for the computer system components.

Anyone have a trusted online GM parts dealer? I need an Oxy Sensor for my '87 Deville. The price range I've found is from $65 to $22 for the same geniune GM or AC Delco part, so I don't know what to believe? Thanks

I live in Ohio but I find a lot of good deals at Lindsay Cadillac in VA. Ask for James. He is a Forum Vendor at another site and has served us well. He can match GMPD on prices and delivery is quicker. I have used both.

I'm new here and after I learn how your forum features work I'll post some pics.

My '87 has one I'm pretty sure, but I haven't crawled under the car to find out exactly where it is and how I can get to it. I now understand the price differences. My system is an NA5 and, of course, needs the more expensive sensor. Those cars than are not NA5/Calif/some other 'standard' can use the $22 piece. Once I got the right part number, I did a search using it and found rockauto. They are the least expensive....$43 with shipping! (USPS not that pita UPS) This is for a GM unit.

I'm only comfortable using GM/AC Delco electrical replacement parts for the computer system components.

Rock Auto is great - trustworthy, too.

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

Job done! I was all set to purchase from rockauto ($43)total, but thought to call my local AC Delco store. They have helped me before, even when buying a little part, so I called. $43 from my local store, so.....no-brainer! Rented(free+tax)an o2 socket set. Let some penetrating fluid soak for a few hours and managed to get socket on (very close proximity to the firewall), and it came loose quite easily. Torqueing it to 30ft/lbs is impossible given the firewall and the angle of the sensor, so 'as tight as I can get it' will have to do.

Archived