CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

4 yr old car value?

joeb

I saw a 2003 seville for 13k the other day. it had 45k miles. I bought my 96 seville in 2000 for 11k with 50k miles. I thought I got a good deal. I figured each year cars get more expensive so I assumed a 4yr old caddy would cost more now than 7yrs ago. I am sure I could find an 03' for more than 13k. I guess I like the fact that they fall so fast in value since I always buy used.

I saw a 2003 seville for 13k the other day. it had 45k miles. I bought my 96 seville in 2000 for 11k with 50k miles. I thought I got a good deal. I figured each year cars get more expensive so I assumed a 4yr old caddy would cost more now than 7yrs ago. I am sure I could find an 03' for more than 13k. I guess I like the fact that they fall so fast in value since I always buy used.

Yes, I like that fact too (depreciation and dealer markup). I just bought my '01 STS with 55k miles for $12.4k, from a dealer. $13k for a 2003 from a private seller would sound about right. That may be a BIT low if it's a dealer car. Or maybe not for an SLS. Those typically sell a little cheaper than STSes I've found.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Did I get screwed?? I paid about $15 for my 02 STS with 80,000 miles.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Did I get screwed?? I paid about $15 for my 02 STS with 80,000 miles.

What was it listed for? Did you buy it at a dealer?

My 2001 with 55k miles was listed at $14,900 I think. The guy told me on the phone he could go as low as $13,400. I called back and said that if he could get me out the door, taxes and tags and all that, for $13,400, I'd drive up and look at it (the car was 2 hours away). He called back a few minutes later and said c'mon up. The actual purchase price ended up being $12,5xx and some change. My out-the-door outlay was $13,400.

In addition to comparing vehicles across different years and mileages and trying to assess the "deal" we got, we should also be talking apples-to-apples financially (meaning purchase price only, not including taxes and tags and fees, which vary from state to state).

The suggested retail value (Kelly Blue Book) on a 2002 STS, loaded (with moonroof, nav, etc), is $17,100. However, the NADA retail value (again, loaded to the gills) is $15,275. I don't know why the disparity, but it doesn't look like you got screwed.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I bought it at a dealer. Mine is loaded too, I have the nav and moonroof and all the goodies. He had it on the lot for 14,999. I traded in my 01 Monte Carlo SS so it's hard to get exact numbers. He gave me 10,000 for my car and it had 92,000 miles on it with a bad heated seat.

Thanks for looking that up, I don't feel so bad now.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

You probably could of gotten it for a little cheaper,but you defenitely got way more than I would of given you for the Monte Carlo.

They hooked you up on that. That's why you can't really complain.

Hope you enjoy your new STS.

White usually costs more.

Florin ;)

Don't feel bad...................

I took my 04 Deville 43k miles, chromies, bose, roof around to the dealer to

eyeball a new DTS. It was a slow Tuesday and got to take a 07 for a spin

and let the salesguy work some numbers.

Only offered $14k trade in !!!!!!!!!

But to be fair I expected LOW book on a GM employee deal....But 14k????

Oh well....used 06 DTS are on their lot for $25k. 05 Devilles are $19k.

04 SRX $22k...But loaded out with a juicy N-star !

Heck..They had a 04 XLR for $39k....OUCH!!!!!

Said thanks and cruised up the road in my freshly washed DeVille !!!!!!!!!

Haven't had it 5 years yet so not ready to trade..............geo

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Good choice. I do see a lot of used Devilles at what seem outrageously low prices, but nothing beats keeping a car that you know the history on.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I like that fact too (depreciation and dealer markup). I just bought my '01 STS with 55k miles for $12.4k, from a dealer. $13k for a 2003 from a private seller would sound about right. That may be a BIT low if it's a dealer car. Or maybe not for an SLS. Those typically sell a little cheaper than STSes I've found.

I paid $10.900 for my STS loaded with 71k in showroom condition not a scratch and almost no wear on leather or steering wheel.

Archived