CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

cadillac emblem on headrest?

98deville

I'm getting my headrest redone in black leather and I wanted to get the cadillac wreat & crest on the headrest also can any embroidery shop do this for me or they probably won't due to it being copyrighted....

I'm getting my headrest redone in black leather and I wanted to get the cadillac wreat & crest on the headrest also can any embroidery shop do this for me or they probably won't due to it being copyrighted....

If you could get an embroidery shop to do it you'd have to pay for the digitizing of the logo which is based on the number of stitches. Digitizing isn't expensive if you're going to embroider 200 pieces (because you can average the cost over all the pieces) but if you're only doing 2 headrests its going to hurt big time. Digitizing alone, not including the actual embroidery, could easily cost you 50 or 100 dollars. The embroidering of the headrests, for 2 or 4 headrests could then cost you 20 or 30 dollars each (for a total of 120 plus the 100 for digitizing = $220.00). These prices are very rough estimates and assuming you found someone to do the job.

Although it isn't something I would be interested in doing, we do embroidery, silkscreening and promotional products.

www.specialtiesandmore.com

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my headrest reupholstered and embroided. I went ahead and just got D'Elegance on the headrest instead of the symbol or the cadillac script...Came out pretty nice. Payed $100 for everything . The cut up headrest is the old one...I bought 2 headrest at a junk yard instead of using the old ones and just reuphosltered the leather..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Very, very nice touch.

It adds a touch of elegance to a very classy ride.

I'm not much on the convertible cloth look, but it sure

looks right on your black Deville ... I actually like it more

than the painted roof.

Could you give us details as to who embossed the leather, how

did they get the script, and the cost?

I think its much more tasteful than the brushed aluminum decal look.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Very, very nice touch.

It adds a touch of elegance to a very classy ride.

I'm not much on the convertible cloth look, but it sure

looks right on your black Deville ... I actually like it more

than the painted roof.

Could you give us details as to who embossed the leather, how

did they get the script, and the cost?

I think its much more tasteful than the brushed aluminum decal look.

The guy took it to a local embroidery shop. He also charged me $40 per hearest plus another $20 for the embroidery....I was going to get the cadillac emblem but instead I went with D'elegance since it's a deville d'elegance

Archived