CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AP-22 for testing Acceleration

Very nice information Bruce, Do you still have your AP22? Looks like a nice gadget, Might be my Christmas gift next year if I don't treat myself to it or something like it.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Yes, although the newer ones have more features and are easier to use, with an option of adding a GPS module for greater accuracy:

http://www.race-technology.com/content.php...10&cat=1562

The AX-22 looks very nice, although pricey at $965.

You also need a good safe flat place to test.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I can almost feel my next paycheck leaving my account already :P

Very intresting that it can tell HP at the wheels, I don't know how that is done from a little box, but then again I guess it could be like a rolling dyno instead? Intresting, I like that it runs on batteries :)

I already know of a few guys who will really get a kick out of this thing.

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

The G/Tech Pro RR seems to have similar capabilities: http://www.gtechpro.com/rr.html

One of the features that I have enjoyed with the AP-22 over the original G/Tech is the every 10 mph measurements. I was surprised to find that my 96 STS 0-60 times varied not in my launch so much as the torque management and 30-60 time, which I previously thought would have been very consistent.

The computer software for either looks good. My AP-22 is too early for their interface software, although it will export to the computer at least.

Bruce

Looks like it could be a worthwhile investment, I'll look into it, and I like that the AP-22 is 100 bucks cheaper :) Even if the Deville isn't a "performance" car, I'm sure it'll be nice to have for future cars too. Looks like a car guys expensive toy so I guess I'll be getting it or something like it soon.

The Green's Machines

2002 DHS - Far from ideal conditions (salt covered road, 2 month old 87 octane fuel, etc.), and a poor launch (2.92 sec 60 ft), but this gives some idea of the continuous logging feature (100 Hz) of the AP-22.

Conditions: 9 F; 40% relative humidity; 30.56 in. Hg. barometric pressure; 1/2 tank of fuel; est. 4250 lbs total weight

[attachmentid=3119]

Blue Line = Calculated HP

Red Line = Calculated MPH

[attachmentid=3120]

Blue Line = MPH

Red Line = Longitudinal Acceleration (g) - Note the poor launch, 1-2 and 2-3 gear changes, and various bumps in the road.

[attachmentid=3121]

post-15-1173218728.gif

post-15-1173218753.gif

post-15-1173218777.gif

Nice; those look to be the newer software outputs my earlier ap-22 does not interface with (darn it).

This was generated using v1.05 of the 'DCAT' software; I've had this unit for almost 6 years now! Does yours have the 'Continuous Logging' feature? The AP-22 will upload this data via a serial connection as ASCII text (I did not use the real-time data capture, just the 60 second internal memory and downloaded afterwards).

Yes, mine has continuous capture, but the new ones apparently you can hook them to the computer and the software will interface with the unit, and pull the data from them. Mine I have to hook it up and use a terminal program to capture the data, then I generally use excel to reformat.

Bruce

Yes, mine has continuous capture, but the new ones apparently you can hook them to the computer and the software will interface with the unit, and pull the data from them. Mine I have to hook it up and use a terminal program to capture the data, then I generally use excel to reformat.

In the 'DCAT' software, the first item under the 'Capture' menu permits a direct download of the data without having to mess with a terminal program. I recall doing this with a previous version of the software too; make sure to verify the Com Port settings under 'Capture Options'.

[attachmentid=3122][attachmentid=3123]

post-15-1173227672.gif

post-15-1173227685.gif

Archived