CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 deville want start ! Need Help !

chritoper

I just purchased a 1997 deville de elegante . Before I bought the car , I drove it, drove fine,started fine. After getting the car home, went out the next morning , it turns over but wont start ! The day I drove it home Low coolant light was on . Right before I pulled in the driveway , information system was showing idle engine . After I stopped the car ,I heard a hissing coming from a small hole in the radiator. I filled the car with fluid to get it to the radiator shop. Would not start ! Even though the coolant resevior is full, its still showing low coolant level. Would this keep the car from starting ?? Any help would greatly be appreciated ! :)

Check your diagnostic codes by turning key on (engine off), then press and hold the "off" and "warmer" buttons on the climate control panel until the codes come up in the Message center. Write them down and report back. When the diagnostics get to "pcm?" it is done, turn key off to reset. Make note of "current" and "history" codes.

let us know ....is the engine cranking? when turning the key what .....eng cranks wont fire? no cranking? do any acceasories work lights windows etc??

try moving shifter ....try neutral...

IS security light on?

Remote starter??.

Archived