CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Confused about identification

kingmanicd

I was browsing through Autotrader and I found this car. It says it is a 1996 Deville Coupe, and the VIN says that also. But, it looks just like a Seville STS, even has STS badge on the rear. The interior is that of a deville though. I'm so confused! any help would be appreciated.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...mp;keywordsfyc=

Something's screwy. This is definitely an STS. This is NOT a Deville. Not only that, but the 3rd picture shows that the body color is green/blue. These are pics from two different cars.

You might want to call them and tell them to fix their screwup.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

Also the vin is a "Y" not a "9" 1G6KD52 "Y" 6TV209109 If the VIN's on Sevilles are like DeVille's, the "Y" indicates a SLS not an STS. But it says STS on the trunk. Somethng's funny about it.

Posted Image

I would skip this car. The photos show the painted grille (STS), four doors (sedan, not coupe), and the picture of the interior is overexposed so the exterior color looks white like the STS shown, the VIN doesn't match up with the car, and the Coupe DeVille hasn't been sold since the big-block days. I haven't seen so many red flags since the USSR fell.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The vin is for a 96 Sedan de Ville with a vin Y 4.6. The ad doesn't say coupe and lists 4 doors so I don't know why that came up. The interior pic is also a sedan de'ville. The only mistake is the exterior pics.

and the Coupe DeVille hasn't been sold since the big-block days.

The Coupe DeVille was last offered in the 1993 model year. It was dropped when the Deville line was restyled for 1994.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived