CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

P013 and P046 Codes

epricedright

My SES is on and I have 2 codes set:

P013 History (Right oxygen sensor not ready)

P046 Current (Right to Left bank fueling difference)

The car idles and runs fine. I'm thinking faulty O2 sensor or connection. The Right O2 Sensor is located towards the front of the car on the exhaust manifold correct? Probably not related but I had a water pump leaking/spewing hot coolant a few weeks back, although these are new codes and were not present after fixing the pump.

I guess it could possibly be a leaking or clogged fuel injector or bad wires/plugs? The plugs/wires are original.

I'm leaning towards the O2 sensor being I have the P013. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Edit:

I just noticed I can go into the DIC and see:

PD32 (ED32) Front Oxygen Sensor Voltage

PD33 (ED33) Rear Oxygen Sensor Voltage

PD34 (ED34) Front Oxygen Sensor Cross Counts (per second)

PD35 (ED35) Rear Oxygen Sensor Cross Counts (per second)

That should help determine if the O2 sensor is faulty correct?

The voltages should swing and not be steady or at zero correct?

My wife has the car today, so I'll see tomorrow.

I checked my PCM Data and the:

PD32 (ED32) Front Oxygen Sensor Voltage - Voltage fluctuated from .05 to .84

PD33 (ED33) Rear Oxygen Sensor Voltage - Voltage was a constant .45

PD34 (ED34) Front Oxygen Sensor Cross Counts (per second) fluctuated between 2-4

PD35 (ED35) Rear Oxygen Sensor Cross Counts (per second) was a steady 0

According to the FSM, my rear oxygen sensor is either bad or the connector is faulty.

To replace the rear oxygen sensor, the FSM states:

Raise vehicle and support

Support rear of powertrain frame

Remove four frame bolts (#2 and #3 locations)

Lower frame no more than 3 inches

Remove oxygen sensor connector

Remove rear oxygen sensor at rear exhaust manifold.

Couple questions:

Is it really necessary to lower the frame to R/R the rear O2 sensor?

If so, could someone direct me where in the FSM there is a diagram of the powertrain frame (engine cradle?) and where those bolts are that need to be removed? I've never lowered the frame before and to be honest, I'm a little intimidated doing this. Would it be best to drive the car up on ramps, and then support the rear cradle with a jack? Could I just loosen the bolts 3" as opposed to removing them as my floor jack can and probably will be hard to control lowering just 3"?

And why the P013 code...is the rear O2 sensor also called the right O2 sensor?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Just an update. Replaced the right O2 sensor, no codes or check engine light so far. No need to lower the cradle - why that's stated in the FSM is beyond me. 22mm wrench fit in there no problem, tight quarters though. Broke loose with a cold manifold. Getting to the connector with both hands was the hard part. Hopefully my gas mileage will improve.

Glad you got it fixed, hope you have been fine, long time no see... By the way, there is a member replacing his AC clutch coil check in on him and see if you can add anything..I remember you did a lot of work on your compressor. Thanks, Mike

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13463

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Thanks Mike! I've been busy helping take care of my parents so not as much free time here lately. I hope all is well on your end. I left a reply in that coil thread, unfortunately I couldn't be of much help. I noticed your thread with your clutch air gap issue. That should be an easy fix. Just be sure to use the spinning 2-piece washer with your clutch plate R&R tool. I forgot to put that in place, reason I believe my shaft end broke and the threads got boogered on your tool. Please let me know if that tool gives you any problems - if it does, please let me replace it for you. Take care!

Archived