CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Electrical problems with my '00 Escalade

Jeephead

What's going on, fellas? I'm new to the forum, so first of all, hello to all. Second, my wife drives a 2000 Escalade (Idrive a 1980 Jeep CJ5, but that's a different forum :D ). About a month ago, while driving, the radio, wipers, and windows would just stop working. After awhile, they would come back on. Well now, they don't work at all. I don't think it's a fuse problem. As anyone else heard of this? Does anyone have a wiring schematic so I can narrow this down? Better yet, does anyone know a fix? Thanks! :o

Welcome.

If your Wife plans to keep the Escalade, a shop manual from http://www.helminc.com would be handy for this diagnosis, and for ongoing information. Sometimes you can also find them on ebay for less.

Sorry, but I don't have an Escalade shop manual handy.

This site:

http://www.wirediagram.com/cadillac.htm

claims to sell just the wiring diagrams online for $4, but I am not sure at all what you actually get for that. In the factory manual, there are pages and pages of diagrams.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Can you get the OBD II device trouble codes (DTCs) on an Escalade? That would probably tell the tale.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Can you get the OBD II device trouble codes (DTCs) on an Escalade? That would probably tell the tale.

Wipers and windows are not going to set OBDII codes. Maybe bad ignition switch. I looked for TSBs and could not find any that fixes your problem.

Maybe this will help.

Regards,

Warren

post-416-1172304107_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

problem is only with wipers, radio, window??

First is the service engine light on?

Very important let us know if the vehicle Has a REMOTE starter??

Check if any other accesories operate ie seat, mirrors, locks....I am thinking an ign switch problem.

• 6 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same issue, anyone find a cure yet? The fuses for the radio, windows and wipers have no power when this happens, if I jump them with a wire to another fuse everything works. Should I just rewire the back of the fuse box? Or is it a ignition switch issue??

Here is some wiring information in addition to that in post #5. I would begin by having a look at the 50A IGN B fuse in the underhood fuse block. Absent any luck there it would likely be an ignition switch problem. It's unlikely you'll find a loose plug/socket or broken wire, but hope springs eternal.

Regards,

Warren

post-416-0-47560200-1380168354_thumb.gif

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

This may be irrelevant but do these have a multifunction relay like the Catera? They were pretty common problem,

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I just installed a multifunction switch in a 2000 escalade for no wipers and no lights. ebay:181160025050

Archived