CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DTS Question

growe3

I have been looking at a lot of 2004 DTS's for sale online, and it is often not clear what Trim Package they are. I think the VIN should be able to help me identify which Trim Package the car came with. I am only interested in the Performance Trim Package.

Does anyone have a 2004 DTS service manual?

If so, does it say how to read the VIN, to identify which Trim Package the car came with?

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I have been looking at a lot of 2004 DTS's for sale online, and it is often not clear what Trim Package they are. I think the VIN should be able to help me identify which Trim Package the car came with. I am only interested in the Performance Trim Package.

If so, does it say how to read the VIN, to identify which Trim Package the car came with?

-George

If it is a Performance model, the 8th digit of the VIN will be a "9." All other trim levels have a "Y". Also I "THINK" that if it is called "DTS" instead of DeVille it is the Performance version.

Posted Image

Beginning in 2006, all of them were DTS, and from there, you could option the "Performance Package" as Jim did, and get the L37 engine (VIN 9), the 3.71 transaxle, and all that stuff. Prior to 2006, I don't know if there was a specific "Performance" trim available. The DTS WAS the performance model (and came standard with the L37 powertrain) with the bucket seats and console shifter, and the DeVille and DHS had the LD8 powertrain, with a bench and column shift.

George, what specifically is included in the Performance trim package you're interested in?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Jason is correct. In the 2004 model year the DTS was the performance model of the Deville. There were only three options - Deville (base), DHS (more luxury based), and the DTS (performance) with the sport-tuned suspension, floor shifter, 300 hp Northstar etc.....

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Thanks to all who have taken the time to reply to my questions, as always a great :D Cadillac forum.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

If it is a Performance model, the 8th digit of the VIN will be a "9." All other trim levels have a "Y". Also I "THINK" that if it is called "DTS" instead of DeVille it is the Performance version.

Thanks Texas Jim, I thought that might be the case, but I wasn't sure.

-George

George, what specifically is included in the Performance trim package you're interested in?

Hi Jason,

I want the 300 HP engine version, bucket seats (heated/cooled), console shift, 3.71 transmission, all of the interior options, moon roof, pretty much as loaded as possible.

Preffered color is black/black. Next would be dk blue/tan or black.

-George

Thanks Jim, the VIN manual page was what I was looking for. I appreciate the time that you took to post it.

-George

PS

For some reason all of my individual replies are being "jammed" together. I don't konw if this is web page failure or just a bad page design. It does make it hard to reply properly.

-George

DTS_Signature.jpg

-George

If you would consider a "BRAND NEW" 2005 DTS with EVERYTHING including Night Vision, Heads Up Display, Moon Roof etc .... There is a dealer just N of Dallas that had 3 of them a few weeks ago. One of them only had 195 miles on it. The other 2 also had just a few miles on them. Supposedly they had been used at the GM Training Center and have never been titled.

They are Gray on Gray I think. If you would be interested, I will call the dealer and see if they still have any of them. I think a mid to high 20's offer would buy any one of them.

Posted Image

I want the 300 HP engine version, bucket seats (heated/cooled), console shift, 3.71 transmission, all of the interior options, moon roof, pretty much as loaded as possible.

It sounds like you are simply looking for a 2004 DTS. It has the 300 hp powertrain and console/buckets. I don't know if heated/cooled seats were standard, but you won't be able to get down to that resolution with the VIN. I don't know of any additional "Performance" trim available above and beyond what a DTS has standard. As Jim said, the 8th character of the VIN will be a 9, and that will denote the DTS (vs. Y, which would be either a DHS or DeVille).

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

-George

Hi Jason,

-George

Thanks Jim, the VIN manual page was what I was looking for. I appreciate the time that you took to post it.

-George

PS

For some reason all of my individual replies are being "jammed" together. I don't konw if this is web page failure or just a bad page design. It does make it hard to reply properly.

-George

-George

Hi Jason,

-George

-George

PS

-George

Archived