CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

rear defogger

98deville

On my 76 eldo. conv. I'm replacing the whole top plus the window, I wanted to know if it's possible to get a window with the rear defroster and buy the switch on ebay and hook that up myself? My conv window wasn't the one with rear defogger, but I wanted to add it.

Don't know for sure, but I would say it is doable.

Definitely doable - I'd find a used (junkyard) rear defogger switch (or any standard 12V toggle, but OEM would look better) and run wire. Shouldn't have to be a Cadillac switch to look good. I'm sure you have plenty of room to integrate it into your dash.

Good luck.

MM

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

I did a quick check on jcwhitney.com and they have glass rear windows for the 1976 Eldorado, made by Kee. I would get the top with the window included to make sure that they work together.

The glass top that I see is for cars that have a defroster. The photo is generic and I can't tell whether it is electric or from the HVAC system. I would work directly with the top manufacturer to make sure that I get what I expect.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived