CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Smog Check - 1991 Cad Fleetwood

telekinesis

Hi everyone,

My Caddy recently failed inspection twice. After the first fail, I got a new exhaust, new cat. converter, and an oil change. My EGR valve and selnoid was changed this past summer. After the second fail, I failed the MEAS, the last column, by 200 points.

I decided to buy the CRC Guaranteed To Pass Emissions Test Formula. The guys at Kragen says it works, but I want to come online and ask you guys before I actually use it.

One thing, the back of the box says that one bottle of that stuff is good for a 16 gallon fuel tank. My cad, I believe, has a 18 gallon fuel tank. The box also says that for anyhting over 16, I should add TWO bottles.

What should I do? Should I follow the instructions to the teeth or is 18 too close to 16 to warrant another bottle of that stuff. Is too much of that formula bad?

Thanks,

roger

Obviously, it would be best to diagnose and repair the car.

If the proper measure is one bottle for 16 gallons, can't you run the car out or nearly out of gas, add the additive, then put in 16 gallons of gas?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Right, or just put in 16 gal then the additive. I think they are concerned that you not run the car on raw additive is all.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

A common reason for which a 4.9 fails emmision test is two plugged EGR tubes inside throttle body. Make sure they are clean, if they are not, clean them with a coat hanger. Any codes storred?

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

What section of the emission test failed? That will help point in the right direction. I doubt anything out of a can is going to cure the problem...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived