CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

po410...again..

Logan

Hmmm...it never ends...

My recently repaired cluster LED check engine light came on yesterday.....checked codes...PO410. Secondary air pump code.

Check fuse for air pump. Blown.

Go try to find a couple 50 amp maxi fuses. 2 stores sold out (?). Find a couple at NAPA.

Install new fuse...clear code. 15 mile drive...check for codes...its back..check fuse..blown.

Had a PO410 about a year ago. Replaced the air pump. Bad shape.

Gotta be water in the air pump.

Pulled air pump when I got home tonight. Water logged.

Anyway, took the motor apart. It can be done. I know its a good motor as of a month ago. It is currently baking in the oven right now. See attached picture...

The air pump is only $100....but it is $100 bucks.

Problem seems to be weather related. Recently lots of heavy rain followed by a brisk cold snap. Used to see that problem on Z28 engines. Water gets in air pump...then rapid below freezing conditions the air pump freezes...blows fuse.....set air pump code.

I also know there is a bulletin about a new intake tube for the air pump for exactly this problem. This car. If I can save the air pump... I will get the new intake pipe/valve.

More to come...

post-2-1172037477.jpg

It is currently baking in the oven right now. See attached picture...

Please don't forget to baste and turn every half hour!

Okay, sorry . . . :P

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I did just flip. The lowest my electric stove will go is 170.

I told my sleeping wife. Expect to see a car part in the oven when she gets up.

I told my sleeping wife. Expect to see a car part in the oven when she gets up.

I'm guessing *your* wife wouldn't even blink at the sight of such a thing in *her* oven. :P

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I've had the code and light for about a year now. Too lazy to fix (cheap) as it does nothing much for performance. Now that I see a quick cook job could fix it, I may tackle it.

Logan, is it fairly quick and easy to R&R ? I did look in my manual a while back and for some reason I did not proceed. See above.

Rick

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

I've had the code and light for about a year now. Too lazy to fix (cheap) as it does nothing much for performance. Now that I see a quick cook job could fix it, I may tackle it.

Logan, is it fairly quick and easy to R&R ? I did look in my manual a while back and for some reason I did not proceed. See above.

Rick

I am aware of the bulletin.

Motor sat in oven overnight. It runs but smokes. Smells bad. Dead.

I can get a new pump for about $88 or new pump with updated hose for about $140.

Archived