CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

For those of you with tire pressure monitors...

95SevilleSLS

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I thought what the heck!

For those of you who have the tire pressure monitors where you can see each individual pressures is your DIC, you need to reset them if you rotate your tires. In the manual, they say you need to take it to the dealership. No way. Save your money. This is the procedure for doing it:

1. They say to purchase some special tool, but just go to Radio Shack and buy some strong magnets, that's what I did.

2. Put your key in the ignition and turn the key to on, but don't start it.

3. Hold the lock and unlock button on your remote pod until the horn chirps. (5-10 seconds)

4. You have 5 minutes to complete this. Go to your front left tire (drivers side front). Hold the magnet to the valve stem and wait for the horn to chirp. It may take up to 5 seconds.

5. After the horn chirps, go to your front right tire (passenger side front) and repeat the magnet holding thing. Wait until horn chirps and repeat for the passenger side back and then drivers side back, in that order.

6. After you have reset the last one (drivers side back) the horn will chirp twice confirming you are done.

Don't worry if you mess up, you can just enter the mode again and start over. If you can't get them to reset you either don't have a strong enough magnet or a dead sensor. The batteries in the sensors only last 5-10 years. You need to replace the whole sensor if the battery is dead.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Those of us with old disk drives lying around not being used or are about to throw them away....open them up. Some of the world's strongest little magnets are inside.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

I bought a set of ceramic magnets at Home Depot for $2...

This has been posted before but 95's description is quite nicely done.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Anybody know if this will work on an '06 DTS?

My owners manual says I have to let air out of the tires till the horn chirps. One tire at a time in the same order as posted above.

Of course then you have to air them up again. :)

The magnet procedure sounds much simpler and easier. As soon as I get some time, I will get some magnets and try it and report back.

Posted Image

Yah, every time I have the tires rotated, I have to run to the dealer and get the TPMs redone. Now with this homebrew solution, I no gotta do that anymores.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

IPB Image

I grabbed some of the hard disk magnets I've collected and tried this after I bought new tires last night and it works like a charm.

Saves me a trip to the dealer!

IPB Image

• 3 weeks later...

Don't quote me on this because it is late and I am tired. But this sounds like the same procedure as the C5 Vettes. To me this is legit and something that one can do very easily. I do not have TPM's on my Caddy's but I do on my Vette. It is easy and I think that it is the same procedure. Trust the posts and if you have problems please advise. I could get you the procedure if need be but my tribal knowledge tells me that the other posts are spot on.

Yes, some of the corvettes have the same monitors as caddys and can be programmed the same way.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Archived