CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

wiper problem

johnnydone

ice storm turned on wipers the left worked the right one was frozen now it tries to workbut doesnt any help has this happened to any one and what do you think is wrong

thanks

called the dealer they said that in the case of a stuck wiper the nut that holds it on is made to loosen up they said that i should be able to remove the cap and tighten the nut will look at it as soon as this ice melts

I had the same problem on my '95 a few years back.

I was lucky; it happened the day before I took "Baby" in for an oil change. My auto tech simply "tightened" a loose arm: no charge! Never a problem thereafter.

Don't panic. You might simply need to tighten your jib. :)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

My right one is always up out of its resting position since our icestorm, I'll have to see about adjusting it, its been cold so haven't had a look at it.

Napa usually has a re-manufactured part for your needs.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Not the wiper arms E, when you set the arm it should be 3/4 of an inch below the stop, but a half inch seems to get it back to normal. If you have a fish scale the pull in the half wipe position should be between 28 and 34 oz (1 ' off the glass)

Joe

Archived