CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

brake lites

ArtDeco

Maybe someone will have some ideas on this. 92 Eldorado, the brake lites work fine except when the turn signals are on. If you put the turn signals on and then step on the brakes the brake lites will not work on either side. If you step on the brake pedal first, the brake lites work fine until the turn signals are put on then the brake lites go out on both sides. This is the same with the headlites on or off. The high mount brake lite always works fine. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

I am also very interested in your problem. My problem must be related. On my 92 Eldorado when I step on the brake the bottom 2 brake lights do not go on--just the top. However, when I turn on the right turn signal the brake lights work. Just the opposite of you problem.

I was told to replace the column switch. I have checked the bulbs and they are allright.

I am watching the replies with great interest.

Double check your bulbs(use a socket you know works and make sure you have the correct bulb in the socket) then check the sockets (all of them) for corrosion(probablly gonna be green)If that dosen't show up something follow the wiring pigtale up the inside of the fender to the main connector and test with a light or meter if it checks start working your way back

Good luck, Joe

Archived