CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Rear parking assist

95SevilleSLS

When I put my 02 STS in reverse, the red light starts flashing on the rear parking assist light dispaly. I found out somewhere that it means there is something wrong with the rear parking assist. It doesn't do it all the time. I noticed it won't do it on first start up, but other than that it usually does it. It still works, but has that flashing light.

I also found somewhere where you can enter the diagnostic mode with it, here is the link (scroll down to ultrasonic parking assist): Clicky

I was just wondering what they mean by "Short the rear parking assist diagnostic connector to ground while the vehicle is in PARK." I'd like to find out what's wrong with it, but I can't figure out how to get to the diagnostics of it.

Can anyone help?! Thank you!

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Are the sensors clear of snow? Not sure where that diagnostic connector they talk about is, but I would suspect somewhere around the rear "bumper".

Yeah, I was thinking it may be snow too, so I cleared it off and it still did it. So that wasn't it...could a dead battery cause it to think something is wrong?

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Well, yeah. Nothing would work with a dead battery. A weak battery will cause all sorts of problems as well. Once it gets below about 11 volts the electronics get flaky.

Well, yeah. Nothing would work with a dead battery. A weak battery will cause all sorts of problems as well. Once it gets below about 11 volts the electronics get flaky.

That's not what I meant. I meant the battery went dead and now it's 100% again. I was just wondering if things get weird if the battery goes dead and is recharged.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Archived