CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

can we blame them???

kensala313

Hey Mike, good luck with new job! Now you really need a nice daily ride. A STS would be great. Hope you will not have many issues to address and take pictures and videos. :D Please stay in-touch.

Sorry adallak, but you've got it wrong. :lol:THIS will be Mike's new daily ride:

post-416-1172474261_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the american dream is over. in todays and the futures modern work world, it is every man for himself. only the strong will scrape by, and the weak will work low wage jobs for large corporations (wal-mart, home depot etc.) who attract only the young, the old, and people desperate for medical benifits. large corporations have also stopped growing, and no longer can afford to offer competative salaries and worthwhile promotions. Nobody knows what my generation will do, or how we will feed our families. but as you can tell, if i have to piss some people off to survive i will. there is too much competetion out there today for a man to sit back and wait for something to come his way. the modern man must go out and make it happen himself if he wants to have a fighting chance. its a scary world out there, and if you dont want to get popped in the nose, youve gotta keep your dukes up.

Ken,

I am appalled by your negative attitude. Pity your generation. How old are you?

I believe the "American Dream" is far from dead. Were it so, we would not have to concern ourselves with guarding our borders lest they be overrun. Apply the "Gates Test:" When you raise the gates, which way does the general population run? Do they exit or enter? Ask 11,000,000 Mexicans.

Each of your points in support of your "death" argument is easily disputed.

So you will do what you need to do to survive? What is un-American about that? You will work hard, long and often? What is un-American about that? There is too much competion here? Build a better mousetrap. Ask your grandfather about that. You think folk should "sit back and wait for something to come their way?" You said yourself, "modern man must go out and make it happen himself."

I think there's more than a little "Americana" in there.

The pessimist says the glass is half empty; the optimist says it's half full. The engineer, of course, notes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Change your major; study engineering. Please.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

but as you can tell, if i have to piss some people off to survive i will. there is too much competetion out there today for a man to sit back and wait for something to come his way. the modern man must go out and make it happen himself if he wants to have a fighting chance. its a scary world out there, and if you dont want to get popped in the nose, youve gotta keep your dukes up.

Son, you didn't piss anyone off don't give yourself so much credit. Your arguement is flawed, you have a bull in the china shop attitude and you don't understand decorum, but at 20 you are not expected to. You remind me of my 27 year old son and why I don't like talking to him.

I have to laugh actually, I had you sized up immediately when I saw you were from SF, which you promptly proved by your post #68. I wish you luck, you are going to need it just as my son is going to need it. The reason why I stopped arguing is because we have a different view of things totally.. I am going to say this one more time, don't believe everything you hear or read and learn to recoginize politics when you see it. With regard to the "useless war" you speak of, anytime you want to come to NYC and look at a hole in the ground, let me know, that is however, assuming you don't believe that 9/11 was a government conspiracy as many of your ilk do..

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived