CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

White Spark Plugs

zuzzzi

Hi erverybody, my 92 STS get a new Engine since 4 weeks. Now the Problem is, that the Spark plugs looks white, but it is not a water Problem, the water is not hot, and dont loose water. I have changed all the sensors arround the Engine. The Oxygen Sensor also works fine (says me Caddilac Mechanical, he looks in the PCM Module), but i have a problem when i drive with 1000 - 1300 RPM, the Engine Jump between the RPM, but not allways, hmmm.

Any Ideas, must the Engine Elektonic Box learn something?

best regards

Marco (Austria)

Hi erverybody, my 92 STS get a new Engine since 4 weeks. Now the Problem is, that the Spark plugs looks white, but it is not a water Problem, the water is not hot, and dont loose water. I have changed all the sensors arround the Engine. The Oxygen Sensor also works fine (says me Caddilac Mechanical, he looks in the PCM Module), but i have a problem when i drive with 1000 - 1300 RPM, the Engine Jump between the RPM, but not allways, hmmm.

Any Ideas, must the Engine Elektonic Box learn something?

best regards

Marco (Austria)

If the idle just jumps around and wont stay steady I would look for a TPS problem or a vacuum leak. Another thing to check is fuel pressure and volume.

White or grey plugs are ok. You might clean them. Check your codes a bad TPS or ISC motor can cause that..

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Hi,

Just a thought on this.

Other than what has been said to check it just may take a little while for the computer to learn a new program for the new engine. If the old engine was running bad the computer may have made changes to the programing to try and overcome the condition.

If so it now needs to learn what the new engine is needing.

Exhaust gas readings, timing, vacuum, etc can be very different between the engines and the computer may need time to reset/relearn.

If all the sensors are working a code will be thrown if there is a problem. These cars are real good at finding any problems on they're own. But not all codes will trip the SES light so checking codes now and then is a help.

If you do not have the factory manual you may want to get one.

With a manual you will know what readings each sensor should have and can check the readings the computer has from the sensors on the dashboard display. Takes out a lot of guess work and worry. You know if something is not correct in most cases.

Good luck with the new engine.

Very light to white colored spark plugs are normal, for late model engines, and current fuel mixes.

The surge you describe could be many things, I would start by checking all of the vacuum lines to verify that they are plugged in. Take your time to verify each one.

A loss of vacuum can cause the drivability symptoms that you mention, due to upsetting the air fuel mixture. This condition is most notable at idle and low speeds.

Also check each spark wire at the coil end, and the spark end, for properly snapping in place.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Thank for all the answerds, now i will try to check the Vaccum Lines. I have also ordert a Cadillac Dealer Manual, so i hope to find answerd and i can check all the sensors

Thanks, hey this Board is great, fine Peoples

greetings from Austria Europe

Marco

If i find a problem, i will post it

Archived