CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1997 Seville For Sale

I have made the decision to sell my long-time friend, my '97 Seville. Her history:

1st owner was a GM employee, who I believe worked at A. Moore Cadillac in northern Virginia. That was the originating dealer and the dealer from which mom bought the car. The car came from the factory with the silver SLS wheels, but at some point during the 1st owner's ownership, the chrome SLS wheels were added.

2nd owner was my mother, who bought it Certified Pre Owned from A. Moore Cadillac, with 42k miles on it. She drove it for about another 40k miles, at which point I got it.

3rd owner is me, I've owned it since 2001, and since about 80k miles (it has about 156k now). Runs like a top. You can see the maintenance I've done to it (not as detailed as oil changes, but things like brakes) on my website, as well as a lot of photos. She's also the middle picture at the bottom of the forum page, due to my number of posts on here. ;)

It runs like a top. My actual observed fuel economy is about 20 city/30 highway. Runs very strong and uses about a quart of oil every 2-3k miles. I've always changed oil according to the Oil Life Monitor, using Pennzoil/Havoline/Valvoline conventional 10W-30, with an ACDelco PF-61 filter. The interior is in great condition. The back seat is 100% still (few people sit back there). The front seats are also very good, but obviously show wear. Still, no tears in the leather or other deep gouges. The paint is still very glossy and shines up wonderfully. It has drilled front brake rotors, which are the best thing I did to that car. Doesn't use any coolant at all...still 100%.

I put $750's worth of new A/C parts in the car last spring (original compressor finally went out) and the tires are also essentially brand new. They've been on a year, but have only accumulated 5-7k miles (virtually no wear shown); they are Michelin X Radial tires.

I can take any picture anyone wants to see. I can also meet anyone within 250 miles of my house, which is Fayetteville, North Carolina (along I-95). This car will drive anywhere, and look great doing it.

I am asking $5500. Please email or PM me if you are interested in it.

Thanks.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I should also note that I have the full set of bound service manuals for the car, and those will go with the car. I also have the '97 sales brochure if the buyer wants that as well.

As I read back through the post above, I don't really describe the car very well.

It has the Shale Metallic paint, and neutral shale interior (leather). SLSes came stock with a column shift and digital dash, but this one has the so-called Sport Package, which includes the center console, the floor shifter, and the analog gauges (same equipment as STS/ETC). The front seats are heated, and both heaters work good. In addition to the A/C parts last spring, I've also put a battery in it within about a year (new ACDelco battery).

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived