CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

interchangeable.

Naterman35

Alright so i have a 1990 deville. Now i was wondering like if any of the parts of interchange able. Any place fomr body parts to engine interior anything. With any kind of caddy. anyoen have any clue. Im real formiliar with my truck which is a full size chevy what parts cant interchange with that. So iono i was interested in looking into it for my car. I hav owned it long at all. and its my first caddy so im not ll like knowing baout them.

The 4.5L engines are fairly standard/interchangeable. Interior, seats, etc within the same design / chassis range will likely interchange among Deville or Fleetwood models.

What is your plan for the Deville?

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Umm. Well. I plan on making it something that me and my freind ill drive aroudn in. So eventully it will have a system tinted windows and rims. Along with a new paint job. But id like to make it as custom as possible. Alot of people have bone stock cars. I want something diffrent. Thats abut all. Like Even if its the smallest part ever. Id still liek to be diffrent then drivin the same car alot of people have. Like my truck was bagged, had 20's and then was mostly shaved tialgate was all that was left. Then it had a cadilac converstion kit on the front end and was painted oh i forget the color. But its between a matelic silver and a matalic blue.

Clean, clean, clean to start with; nothing communicates that someone takes care of their car (or not) more than detailing. Fresh paint can be very good if done by someone who knows how, and getting new emblems on the outside. Gold plated emblems or not depending on the paint and the overall plan; gold on black or red looks very good.

The big thing to me on mods to a Cadillac is that they be consistent, and thoughtful. First think about what you want the Cadillac to look like overall, then make small additions or changes that build on that common theme.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Just my two cents.......... I like the 91-93 grill much better. That would add a nice touch. Also, does it have hub caps or caddy rims? I know that early in that generation of DeVille, 85 - ? it was not uncommon t have spoke hubs. I think a nice set of rims from a 92 or 93 would also look nice.

Kdaddy

Archived