CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Gurgling sunroof

morgan

My 97 STS seems to gurgle. If you wash it or after it rains the car gurgles. Drives me nuts! I have to slide the sunroof cover closed to try and muffle it. I’ve had the drains in the sunroof blown out in case there was some sort of an obstruction, but it didn’t help. Any suggestions? Morgan.

Sure sounds drain related. Try running a length of .080 dia. weed whacker cable down the drains. If that is OK, then might be a bad perimeter seal.The blower is pressurizing the cabin and a bad seal would be the leak point. With water in in the seal, the escaping air would make a gurgling sound. Does the sound stop if you crack a window open?

Sure sounds drain related. Try running a length of .080 dia. weed whacker cable down the drains. If that is OK, then might be a bad perimeter seal.The blower is pressurizing the cabin and a bad seal would be the leak point. With water in in the seal, the escaping air would make a gurgling sound. Does the sound stop if you crack a window open?

A little...it still makes a gurgle noise though.

My 98 ETC with 85k miles has the same gurgle after rain or carwash - I almost always have the sunroof open when I drive it. I've never cleaned the drains. I've not worried about it - seems to go away in a few minutes.

• 1 month later...

My '97 STS has always been the same. Irritating but never had any problem with it leaking or anything. Doubt if it's the seal as, mine anyways, once dried out the noise disappears.

• 2 years later...

I've got a new 2009 Excalade Hybrid with the same annoying gurgling sound coming from the sunrood. Of course I take it in and explain the whole thing to the service shop and they look at me like I've got a third eye. Only hear the gurgling during rain, after it rains, or after getting it washed. While driving down the road the gurgling begins and usually stops after 10-15 min of driving and rain has stopped. Service shop insists they checked and cleared the drain lines but said there was no clog. What annoys me even more is I don't use the sunroof at all! Any one ever solve this issue and get this fixed?

I've got a new 2009 Excalade Hybrid with the same annoying gurgling sound coming from the sunrood. Of course I take it in and explain the whole thing to the service shop and they look at me like I've got a third eye. Only hear the gurgling during rain, after it rains, or after getting it washed. While driving down the road the gurgling begins and usually stops after 10-15 min of driving and rain has stopped. Service shop insists they checked and cleared the drain lines but said there was no clog. What annoys me even more is I don't use the sunroof at all! Any one ever solve this issue and get this fixed?

Archived