CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

IT'S FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

BigCat83

ECTS = Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor. More correctly ECT sensor.

I really don't think it's worth all of the work involved if you're a backyard mechanic who's never done one. Working with someone who does have experience with this repair can reduce the time involved significantly.

Otherwise, IMO the most cost effective repair is either a KNOWN good low mileage used motor or a good quality reman.

I have a very extensive tool chest and experience and this job was A MAJOR PAIN IN THE @$$! And I dropped the cradle...

I really don't think it's worth all of the work involved if you're a backyard mechanic who's never done one. Working with someone who does have experience with this repair can reduce the time involved significantly.

Otherwise, IMO the most cost effective repair is either a KNOWN good low mileage used motor or a good quality reman.

I have a very extensive tool chest and experience and this job was A MAJOR PAIN IN THE @$$! And I dropped the cradle...

Thanks for that insight, glad you got it done. NOW you see why I say you guys deserve Hall of Fame Status and a Shrine someplace on this site....

IPB Image

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

When I did the same job on my '97, I thought most of the hard work was removing the engine - I pulled it through the top. The Timesert installation was time consuming but not difficult. The trouble with finding a used motor is you never really know how many miles are on it - the junkyards are full of 60,000 mile engines.... :blink:

The first time is always the most difficult - the next one would take half the time.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

When I did the same job on my '97, I thought most of the hard work was removing the engine - I pulled it through the top. The Timesert installation was time consuming but not difficult. The trouble with finding a used motor is you never really know how many miles are on it - the junkyards are full of 60,000 mile engines.... :blink:

The first time is always the most difficult - the next one would take half the time.

KHE, exactly right. And I totally agree on the 60K engines...EVERY engine from a junkyard has 60K! HAH!

Bigcat, I agree with you too. A KNOWN good engine is hard to find though. Easier to keep yours if you know it's good except for the HG's.

Archived