CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

96 seville sts help

mikeheid

Hi i'm new here and glad i found this forum!I just purchased this car and the

ses light is on and it says service emissions.Is there a way i can pull the codes

from this car?I keep reading elsewhere to hold the off button on the climate control

which i see but not sure which is the warmer button they are talking about.Please bear with me

i just bought this car.The guy i bought this from said it was nothing but need to make sure.Also is there a way to clear the codes so the light will go off?It has 97,000 miles on it.Do i hold these button in or push them in and out?If anyone can help that would be great!

Thanks

Mike

At the end when it says PCM? hit the fan button up (yes) and it will ask "Clear PCM Codes?" hit the fan button up again and the SES light should go off, if it comes back on after driving run the check again and post the code. I've got the FSM and a 96 STS too. Love the car.!

Joe

Thanks for the replies everyone.I got the ses to go off by clearing the codes.

drove it to work and back and nothing came on again.If the problem was there

how long would it take for the ses to come back on?So far so good!

Does this mean those problems were fixed and it wasn't reset?

Thanks

Mike

Does this mean those problems were fixed and it wasn't reset?

Hard to tell. Since they where current (failed in the last 3 ignition cycles), they may be intermittent. The historical code could have been fixed and not cleared or it may have failed a test and then not failed again in the last 3 ignition cycles, which it will then go historical. If they return, then they need to be addressed.

Archived