CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

3/4" white walls or

Breeza_Brown

Spring is fast approaching and I'm still debating on what to do.

My friends my age tell me to go with the twenties. But my older friends tell me to go with a 3/4" white wall and a 1/4 inch yellow. Now they both look good but what do you guys think?

B)

Everyday Is Saturday!

If you stay with the same size, ASSUMING you still have the stock size rims, you will have a much better ride. Better = smoother, if you like a smooth ride.

The 245x35x20 tires will be MUCH harsher riding. The sidewall is much shorter from the pavement to the bottom of the wheel, which will in turn have much less give to it, resulting in a much harsher ride because the tire can no longer absorb the bumps and imperfections in the road surface.

I kinda like the Vogue Tyres with the white and gold, but that is just "ME". :) Last time I checked, they did not make them for my '06 DTS Performance Sedan.

Posted Image

Given only those two choices (20" wheels or 16" Vogues), I'd definitely go with the Vogues. The 20" wheels will ride horrible; your acceleration and braking will diminish, and you may even experience poorer fuel economy if you do a lot of city driving. The 16" Vogue tires ("tyres") will keep most of the ride quality you already have, without compromising on the rest.

BUT...you said both of those options are what your friends told you to do. What about what YOU want to do? Me? If I wanted white walls, I'd slap a set of Michelin Symmetrys on there (narrow white wall) for a classy look, or just keep blackwall tires on it.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Steve6,

You have to understand that we are not talking about skinny white walls. Were talkin bout them gangsta walls na mean. I am actually looking into some gangsta walls myself for my 84 Coupe Devizzle. Have you ever seen Snoop Dogs 73 green caddy? - GANGSTA.

Kdaddy.

P.S. Go with the phat white walls

white walls are for ollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllld people

Hey, I'm only 27, and I'd put a set of (tasteful) white walls on a DeVille any day!

You have to understand that we are not talking about skinny white walls.

I am! Leave those Vogues for Snoopy Dog or whatever his name is.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Why bother owning a Caddy if your gonna make it drive like an army tank ?

Leave the 20"'s to the kids that dont know better. Personally I put 20 inch wheels in the same catagory as coat hanger spoilers, coffee can mufflers, and type R stickers.

Go with the vogues man. You bought a Caddy for luxury didnt you ?

It's not about how smooth the ride is. I'm 25 years young, I bought my Lac because it looks great and I got it for the low. I like both the 20's and the Vogue tire look. I'm going with both. 20's in the spring and summer and Factory and Vogues in the fall and winter.

Everyday Is Saturday!

OK there is no reason to attack anyone...everyone has their own style. If you like you're 16 that's fine. If you like 20's that's cool too, but guys there's like 4 sizes in between :D. What's wrong with 18" white walls with nice deep dish wheels. As far as sizes go all the new cadillacs come with at least a 17" wheel with 18's and 19's optional. So I guess times, they are a changing

Archived