CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Changing headlights in 05 sts

Pittsburgh05sts

Hows it goin fellas, i am new to this board i just recently purchashed a 2005 Sts and boy do i love it, but anyways i bought a pair of headlights today to replace my current ones but i have no idea how to even get to the headlight,it looks as if you need to remove the front bumper and from the reasearch ive been doing i found that you do need to remove the bumper for the Cts but if anyone can help me out any info would be greatly appreciated!

Probably no different than mine. Just unscrew the halogen bulb from the rear and replace. Depending on the type of setup, you have to disconnect the halogen bulb assembly from the harness and replace.

Probably no different than mine. Just unscrew the halogen bulb from the rear and replace. Depending on the type of setup, you have to disconnect the halogen bulb assembly from the harness and replace.

I wish it was that easy,it is a lot different i was told you need to remove the front bumper and from the looks of it you have to i just have no idea where to start,whoever designed the car needs to be shot and hung that is unheard of

Don't believe everything you hear. Someone with a 2005 FSM and/or direct experience with changing headlight bulbs will get back to you here.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Figured it out got the lights in,whoever said that the front bumper needs to be taken off is an idiot and did it the hard way,its actually pretty easy thanks for the help tho guys i appreciate it

Glad to hear your frustration is over!

Figured it out got the lights in,whoever said that the front bumper needs to be taken off is an idiot and did it the hard way,its actually pretty easy thanks for the help tho guys i appreciate it

So...... how did you do it??

Archived