CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Engine compartment light not working.

vmax

Just purchased a 1994 Eldorado. Light on underside of hood does not illuminate when opened. Blub appears OK. Is this a mercury switch or push button system? Where is the switch located? Is there anywhere I can find a wiring diagram?

I searched before asking this and could not find any answers or procedures to follow.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

It only lights if your parking/headlamps are ON. A "Safety" feature.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

It only lights if your parking/headlamps are ON. A "Safety" feature.

Regards,

Warren

Warren:

You just made my day! When I got my '94 the bulb was removed and I couldn't get a new one to light up, so I figured it was a run-of-the-mill electrical problem.

I just popped a new one in, turned on the headlights and voila!!

Is this in the manual or an "undocumented feature"?

Mark

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

As far as I know, it's not in the manual, but it's an old, old GM feature. My '84 Cutlass was like that as well.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Is this in the manual or an "undocumented feature"?

Mark

If it's in my Owners Manual I haven't been able to find it.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived