CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

81 Eldo Diesel mention

Bruce Nunnally

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/13/rr-of-t...ldorado-diesel/

Autoblog has a pictorial on a 1981 Cadillac Eldorado diesel model, with notes.

Mighty 105hp, according to the article; not sure if that is before or after the K&N.

IPB Image

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

If the transmission would hold up, this car would be a good conversion for a 6.2/6.5L Turbo Diesel. These engines can put out 300 hp / 600 ft-lbs torque without too much trouble.

I'm sure the 105hp could be increased with a set of headers and low restriction exhaust but it would not be quiet like a Cadillac.

IPB Image

I always liked that style of Eldorado. I doubt the car left the factory with mismatched center caps as the author suggested.... Many people forget that 25 years ago, it was impossible to get muscle car performance and meet fuel and economy standards - the technology didn't exist... Plus fuel costs were at record highs - probably higher than today's fuel costs if inflation is taken into consideration.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I always liked that style of Eldorado. I doubt the car left the factory with mismatched center caps as the author suggested.... Many people forget that 25 years ago, it was impossible to get muscle car performance and meet fuel and economy standards - the technology didn't exist... Plus fuel costs were at record highs - probably higher than today's fuel costs if inflation is taken into consideration.

It is a classy looking style (except with the bumper-mounted spare - yikes). My '81 Pontiac had a 265 CID V8 that had absolutely no power in it. Fuel costs in today's terms, adjusted for inflation, would be well over $5/gallon. Interest rates for home loans were also 18-19%.

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

It is a classy looking style (except with the bumper-mounted spare - yikes). My '81 Pontiac had a 265 CID V8 that had absolutely no power in it. Fuel costs in today's terms, adjusted for inflation, would be well over $5/gallon. Interest rates for home loans were also 18-19%.

The "Bumper mounted spare" was an aftermarket add-on. The cars did not leave GM with that hideous junk strapped to the bumper. :lol:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived