CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Gee wizz, I bought a 95 Eldo

billytheshoe

Love, Honor, and . . . . well, something else.

Many happy miles! :)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Love, Honor, and . . . . well, something else.

Many happy miles! :)

Regards,

Warren

In sickness & in health til' death do we part.... You've seen as much of this vehicle as I have. I sent a perfect stranger a $1000 down and I'm flying out to L.A. the 21st to pick it up. Kind of a mail-order bride. Well, the divorce should be reasonable. I'm convinced, maybe just infatuated that this is a cream puff according to the data. I'v learned not to love my cars. I'v done this out of state buying before. I will have some faith in my fellow man.

Hey Billytheshoe,

Actually It's:Life,Liberty & the Pursuit. (After you breakthrough though).

As long as It's not: "The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection",but actual pefection.

Welcome! Gold '95's are hard to find around here.

Florin

. . . . . In sickness & in health til' death do we part.... You've seen as much of this vehicle as I have. I sent a perfect stranger a $1000 down and I'm flying out to L.A. the 21st to pick it up. Kind of a mail-order bride. Well, the divorce should be reasonable. I'm convinced, maybe just infatuated that this is a cream puff according to the data. I'v learned not to love my cars. I'v done this out of state buying before. I will have some faith in my fellow man.

Your faith is touching; your courage is undeniable!

I'll hope you are not disappointed on either account. ;)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Welcome to CaddyInfo! So you bought a Champaign(?) Eldorado. Is it an ETC? The paint looks good.

It is the "Y" motor. And I don't like the rag top. But this seemed to be the best deal with the money I had to work with. The background on this car is good. The 1st "one owner" I am a Minnesota resident and the cars up here rust out. I am a blue collar guy. I have been a fleet truck mechanic for 20 yrs. I have 10years experience with DOHC hi-po gas motors having owned Ford Taurus sho's, currently owning 4. I have one that I set up & drive track events(roadcourse)with with the Audi Quattro Club mainy. I have rebuilt completely 2 of these V6 engines. I will say with confidence these SHO motors are one of the most durable very high reving engines ever made. 8500 rpm all day long not a problem. They don't use any oil ever. They are however they are soccer moms car and the manual transmission is made of glass if the clutch holds up. I am looking forward to having a luxo-crusier w/snort. Even though it's not an ETC.

It is the "Y" motor. And I don't like the rag top . . . .

I didn't care for the ragtop either on my '95. Trust me; it will grow on you.

You'll really enjoy this engine. The "Y" motor gets a few mpg more than the "9". You'll like that. Just the same, it still goes like snot!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

You'll find that the 275 hp engine actually has at least as much throttle response in the midrange, which is where you usually drive. Even if it may not win an all out 1/4 drag race, it's got more beans down low. It'll be a fantastic cruiser.

You should see close to 30 mpg highway with that vehicle. I get about 20/30 myself city/highway.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

You're gonna get spoiled.

:D:D:D

BTW, did anyone mention to you that '95 was the fastest year for Northstars?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

I've been eyeing the 95 Eldo's myself, great bang for your buck.

These things can eat some oil, but WOT treaments usually keep that in check.

These northstars, in sand cars, have been known to run all day 7000+RPMs on stock components, everyday maybe not but they can. The VIN 9 motors hit redline close to 6500 somtimes a bit higher, can't remember if marksts goes a bit higher or not :)

You'll smoke tires with the 300ft-lb engine :)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

The only documented differences between the VIN Y and VIN 9 drive trains are the intake cam and the final drive ratio, and my experience is that they do drive very much the same.

The Touring package, which includes the VIN 9 drive train, also includes a handling package that gives you less smooth a ride. There are other details in the Touring package that depend on year and model. My wife misses a handle to hold on to on cornering.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Congrats on the car man....

Warning: Daily use of a Cadillac Eldorado can be habit forming. Use only as directed.... If the smile on your face lasts more than 4 hours after a drive, see your Doctor....

Archived