CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replacing Climate Control

beefy

Im looking to buy a new CC computer. What years will work for my car?(93 deville) I know Models from 85/86 look exactly the same as mine, will they work for my car? Also I need to reattach my DeVille emblem on my right hand side, what kind of stickum should I use? Also, The aftermarket alarm that was installed on my car before I bought it started going on the fritz, it wouldnt deactivate. I had to unplug the harness from the brain to be able to drive my car. I was thinking why not use the factory alarm, anyone know where I can get a factory remote from? Thanks

They sell a double sided tape for emblems. I used it for the Cadillac script on the deck lid of my '92 Worked great. Tape it on the emblem, trim with an Exacto knife, remove the tape from the other side and stick it in place. I think I may have bought it at K-Mart or such.

If you're the gambling type you can find used remotes on eBay. That's not my preference however.

I use http://www.keylessride.com . Two successful purchases so far.

Can you tell us why you feel the CC computer is bad?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Agh My bad, thought you meant my alarm computer. I get intermittent heat with Econ, and no heat at all in Auto, even on 90. MY heat wasnt working for a good week, and I lived through one freezing day without it. I took it into the shop to get it looked at. He turned on the heater and it worked fined for about 20 minutes then it sarted shooting cold on auto, then it started shooting cold on econ. After a couple of minutes it would produce heat on econ only for the rest of the night, I even drove to jersey. He flushed the heater core, added new antifreeze. He told me he thinks its the computer. I figure since that the cheapest this in the list of what could be broken Id try that first, and its a simple swap.

Archived