CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Getting Another New Cadillac

Texas Jim

Howdy all,

As some of you know, my '06 Performance Sedan burned a couple of weeks ago. I have been looking for one to replace it. It the course of looking, I found that there are very few Performance Sedans on the market for sale.

I did came across a "NEW" '05 Silver DTS with only 200 miles on it at a Chrysler dealer.. Totally loaded... Nav ... Heads Up Display ... the whole ball of wax. $31,000.00

Also found a used '06 exactly identical to the one that burned. Same color, White Lighting, same equipment even almost the same identical mileage on it PLUS it is certified by Cadillac with the 6 year 100,000 mile warranty for 37,000.00. Only 6 grand difference and it is a year newer and a color I really like. I don't really like the silver color DTS.

Couple of questions. Does the '05 have the Magnetic Ride that the '06 has and does the '05 have Zenon headlights like the '06? I am real tempted to go with the '06 because I really like the body style better and I know from experience how well it handles in an emergency situation. "ABSOLUTLY GREAT" :)

Would like y'alls opinions. WIll probably be getting ONE of them this coming Saturday. The '05 is about 100 miles north of me, and the '06 is about 250 miles sw.

Posted Image

The 2006 got a new interior design, and exterior update.

I believe the DTS added magneride for the performance model in 06.

The 05 brochure only says halogen tungsten headlamps.

Overall the 2006 model seems a fairly significant upgrade.

2005: http://media.gm.com/division/2005_prodinfo...ille/index.html

2006: http://media.gm.com/us/cadillac/en/product...TS/06index.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I say go with the coulor you like. You have to live with the silver even if you do not like it. Life is short. 6 beans is nothing. Thats a holiday with the wife for 2 weeks. You can still make out in the back seat with the heat on and it might feel like the white sand beaches in the sun.

GO FOR THE 06

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Well . . . . you certainly know how to make a person jealous! :)

If the price is not a deal-breaker, it seems the '06 is the clear winner. Good luck, whatever you choose.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Well your mind is telling you wow a 20% price difference!

But if you don't get the one your heart wants,

You will be broken hearted.

See.

I'm all for the '06.

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

An added bonus if you get the 2006, you won't have to change your avatar photo! :lol::lol::lol:

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I'm thinking the 06 also.... seems to be nicer, and it's in the color you want....

Those links Bruce added, I think you're getting a lot more car with the 06....

And in general, no matter how good the price is, I personally don't buy a color I don't like.... so, me personally, for what it's worth, I'd either buy the 06, or keep looking.....

Howdy to you all again,

Thanks for all the advice and thanks Bruce for the links.

Think I will wait another week or so till my garage gets rebuilt. Would hate to have it parked on the street and some kid scrapes it with his bike and I have to pull his head off. :):)

If they still have the '06 when the garage gets finished, I will get it, and like some of y'all said, if not keep looking till I find exactly what I want.

A big bunch of Texas thanks to all of you.

Posted Image

Archived