CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Amibent Temperature Sensor

Rexfordray

Having a problem with my 1980 Fleetwood, 2 Dr Coupe, 368 CID (6.0 Liter) . The blower motor for the heating and air condtioning doesn't consistly come on in the heat or air conditioning mode but will consistly come on in the defroster mode.

Have determined that there is an "Ambient Temperature Sensor" under the hood somewhere perhaps that measures outside temperature but these historically never worked well, but more importantly, the is a "Sensor-In Car Temperature Sensor" that is located inside the car and this could be my probelm. Question---where is the in-car temperature sensor located.

Thanks,

Rex from Pensacola, FL.

The cabin temp sensor (asperator) is located behind the small 1" square grill in the dash, but I dout that is the problem. It would not differentiate between modes. Is the blower actually not on or is it possible that it is working but no air being delivered to the defroster vent? That would help rule out air delivery doors or programmer. I would guess, one or the other.

The cabin temp sensor (asperator) is located behind the small 1" square grill in the dash, but I dout that is the problem. It would not differentiate between modes. Is the blower actually not on or is it possible that it is working but no air being delivered to the defroster vent? That would help rule out air delivery doors or programmer. I would guess, one or the other.

Larry, the plot thickens. Today the following is a new development. The blower motor will only work in the defroster position. The A/C will work in the defroster position and the heat will work in the defroster position. If you put the A/C or heat in a Low, Med, or High setting, you can, in the case of the heat, feel the heat faintly but the blower moter will not activate until you move into the defroster postion. In the case of the A/C, the A/C cluth will continuously recycle. But again, move the into the defroster position, everything works fine but it blows through the defroster vents. I may have jumed the gun, so to speak, but I ordered a new Heater/Air Conditioning Control Unit-New from a companycalled U.S.A. Parts Supply Ltd for a mere $244 wich includes shipping. This is the only thing that makes sense to me that the Heater/Air Conditioning Control Unit must be bad.

Thanks,

Rex

Archived