CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Discussion Font size

Hi Bruce,

Just posted a reply and noticed that the font was changed in the threads. Intentional? I'm not crazy about it but could learn to live with it if it were just a tad smaller and compressed together. Kind of reminds of days past when I had to fudge a 10 page paper with 5 pages of information. " Time to s p r e a d T h e W o r d s O u t." lol

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I noticed that the 'default' skin has a smaller font than the 'supporter opt in' has. I remember we discussed font size earlier but don't remember if this is what we selected or this happened separately. I can change it to whatever people prefer; unfortunately default fonts are not user selectable.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thanks for getting back. I prefer the smaller default font. We have some members that type in all caps. Can you imagine how obnoxiously big that would be? LOL But I do realize that we have some umm senior members aboard and the default font might be a strain for them.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Ah. for clarity we were for the default skin at 10px, then I changed to 14px, now at 12px.

The letter spacing is a function of the selected font. The font preference the board passes to your browser is Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Trebuchet MS, Sans-Serif, Georgia, Courier, Times New Roman, Serif;

Then your browser uses the first one it comes to that it has.

Verdana has more spacing between letters (kerning?) than Tahoma. This looks better for things like the menu items, which looks squashed with Tahoma. On the other hand, I think I can find the right setting to have only the topic text body itself use the narrower Tahoma. Is that what you are suggesting?

Example of each:

The first line is Verdana then the secong line is tahoma

The first line is Verdana then the secong line is tahoma

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Well that's not exactly what I meant but I'll try to clarify. If you click the Discussion link up on top (sandwiched between Caddyinfo.com Cadillac Discussion Forum and Suggestions on How to Improve....) and then on that page look to the far right under Last Post Info. See the text next to In and By ? That's what I'm referring to as to the type of font and size I like.

Basically the way it was before the change.

"Burns" rubber

Archived