CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 seville starting problem help!!

93sls

my 93 seville sls is having a problem where i tyr to start the car and the motor will not turn over for me. when i take the key out the info center flashes wait 3 minuites . i put in a new key cylender from advance without the chip in key but cylender had wires going to the theft system so im assuming it is some sort of bypass. yet thus it still wont turn over. anyone have any suggestions what it may be?

Measure the resistance in the old key "pellet". Then I believe you will have to wire a resistor of the same value into those existing wires to bypass the VATS system. An internet search of "GM VATS" will locate instructions. Don't bother buying their "kits". Just go to radio shack for the proper resistor.

my 93 seville sls is having a problem where i tyr to start the car and the motor will not turn over for me. when i take the key out the info center flashes wait 3 minuites . i put in a new key cylender from advance without the chip in key but cylender had wires going to the theft system so im assuming it is some sort of bypass. yet thus it still wont turn over. anyone have any suggestions what it may be?

Lock cylinders do not come with chips. You are supposed to connect the wires to the car's sysetm OR bypass the system by inserting a resistor into the circuit (on car's side). The nominal of that resistor should much one on your key.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Measure the resistance in the old key "pellet". Then I believe you will have to wire a resistor of the same value into those existing wires to bypass the VATS system. An internet search of "GM VATS" will locate instructions. Don't bother buying their "kits". Just go to radio shack for the proper resistor.

Ranger,

He should not shorten the cylinder wires with a resistor to bypass the antitheft system.

i did hook up the wires from the cylender and the same thing is goin on.

Where did you hook them up to?

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived