CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Curse the frigid cold, (trunk issues)

Loudog

So this morning it was a wonderful 14 degrees, and i went outside to leave for work. I decided to put some new cds in my changer and my trunk refused to close. The lock on the top was all working but the pulldown motor appears to be unresponsive. I solved it by putting a space heater in my trunk and warming it all up. I was wondering if there is any way i could get rid of the pulldown motor and go to something solid i dont care if my trunk doesnt close itself i would prefer to be able to use my trunk during these cold chicago winters. Any ideas or suggestions to help this from happening again. Thanks.

Maybe lube the pulldown motor with some grease designed for cold weather use. I assume that it is the lube that is freezing. I was born and raised in Chicago...don't miss the winters at all, but still rootin' for Da Bears!

Charles

Charles

Maybe lube the pulldown motor with some grease designed for cold weather use. I assume that it is the lube that is freezing. I was born and raised in Chicago...don't miss the winters at all, but still rootin' for Da Bears!

Charles

I concur with ChazGlenn; I've have been right at the 10-15 degree mark for the last week or so and I have had no problems with mine.

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

Charles

I concur with ChazGlenn; I've have been right at the 10-15 degree mark for the last week or so and I have had no problems with mine.

I will have to head up to the store then, i have grease in a gun but no idea if its cold weather or not. Sidestory, as i was leaving work (i drove my lumina) first my remote was not working then frozen locks. I finnaly got crafy and heated my key up with a lighter after cursing my remote for 10 minutes or so.

Lou, you can disable it by opening the trunk and holding the switch on the pull down and the trunk lid together (I had to fumble with it but it worked) once the pulldown bottoms out unplug it the remote will still open it but you'll have to slam it closed :( My pulldown wouldn't stop and I've been to lazy to replace it.

Joe

Archived