CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Think you had a bad day?

JimD

Ah thanks for that info. I don't believe it was Standard in 98 for Eldorado and Deville, the didn't undergo the platform change the STS went threw if memory serves me right from other postings.

That's correct -- in 1998, the Seville went to the G platform, but the Eldorado and DeVille stayed on the E/K platform. In 2000, the DeVille went to a variation of the G platform, and the Eldorado stayed on the E platform until its end in 2002.

I would think that the Stabili-Trak ordering/equip scheme would have been similar to 1997 for those cars that stayed on the E/K platform after 1998 -- that is, the base models used passive dampers while the uplevel models used CV-RSS with Stabili-Trak.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

That's correct -- in 1998, the Seville went to the G platform, but the Eldorado and DeVille stayed on the E/K platform.

It's probably just me, but I HATE seeing a Cadillac referred to as a "K-car."

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

It's probably just me, but I HATE seeing a Cadillac referred to as a "K-car."

Know how you feel!

In a previous life, I had a (leased by employer) Lee Iacoca style "K" car that had only one redeeming feature; it would go through snow. Otherwise, to call it a dog insults all the canines alive today.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Yes, prior to 1997, many Cadillacs had RSS, which was a precursor to the CV-RSS used during the Stabili-Trak era.

I was speaking of 1997 models (and beyond). You forgot the "In 1997..." part of my post, which appeared a few statements prior to the one you quoted. ;)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived