CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Think you had a bad day?

JimD

When they part this baby out you'll probably wanna pass on the sunroof!

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

When they part this baby out you'll probably wanna pass on the sunroof!

And the entire front clip! Wow, I wonder how he accomplished that?!??!

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

Obviously, a pre-Stabilitrack (SP?) vehicle.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

That's funny, Warren...I was thinking the same thing. We had a snow storm out here in Seattle earlier this week, and I couldn't wait to take the STS out and "test" the traction control and StabiliTrak, since we rarely have such weather. I found a empty parking lot and was happy to see that all systems functioned as designed. :D

Charles

Charles

Stabili-Trak can't overcome physics. It appears that DeVille had some serious "help" flipping over (like an impact).

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

..... We had a snow storm out here in Seattle earlier this week, and I couldn't wait to take the STS out and "test" the traction control and StabiliTrak, since we rarely have such weather. I found a empty parking lot and was happy to see that all systems functioned as designed. :D

Charles

What we do in our spare time . . . . :P:P:P

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Apparently, the driver didn't heed the ICE POSSIBLE message on the DIC.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

That s**ks. :o

We didn't have any snow here in Tampa this week... :P

Oh...born and raised in Worcester, MA. Finally had all of the New England winters I could tolerate and moved to the Tampa Bay area last year...

I feel your pain... :(

Someone, not a fan of Bill Clinton, once said, "If I thought he felt my pain, I'd cut my arm off!"

In that spirit, I hope someone from Worcester, MA emails you a cubic foot of slush! :P:P:P

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

I'd rather put up with the snow than hurricanes and the awful heat/humidity in the summer. :P

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

By the time it gets here that slush will be so much wet cardboard. :D

It was 81 and sunny this afternoon...

The man is insufferable! :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Much of my family lives in Michigan.

I tell them the summers in North Carolina are as unbearable (in the opposite extreme) as the winters in Michigan. In NC, fall, winter, and spring are all beautiful. In MI, spring, summer, and fall are beautiful. I guess it just matters what you don't like, more.

To me, shoveling and snow blowing and trying to keep the salt off the car pretty much tops the list. ;)

Well, I haven't quite reached the "golden years" yet, but a few short years ago I bought this little condominium place.

It's really interesting to watch folk other than me arrange the flower beds, pull the crabgrass, fix the roof, stoke the hot water heater, and plow the sidewalks right up to the door of my car. Yeah, that's the ticket! :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

By the way, when was the first stabilitrack cadillac? I know mine doesn't have it and mine is a 95 sls

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Per Autospectator.com

"The 1997 Cadillac DeVille was among the first cars to have ESC, and the 2002 Cadillac Escalade was the first SUV in the industry with standard ESC (Electronic Stability Control)."

Leave it to Ranger to bring us back "On Topic."

Uh. Oh. Humnn. There *WAS* a topic, wasn't there?

Posted Image

Per Autospectator.com

"The 1997 Cadillac DeVille was among the first cars to have ESC, and the 2002 Cadillac Escalade was the first SUV in the industry with standard ESC (Electronic Stability Control)."

Unfortunately it was an option, I think the Concurs version was the only one that had it...unless mine has it...really haven't tried to see if it does :P

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

The mid '90s was when that feature, and underlying equipment, was beginning to be phased in. In 1997, which was the first year for Stabili-Trak, only the ETC, STS, and DeVille Concours were equipped. The SLS, which was not equipped with Stabili-Trak, WAS featured with the CV-RSS, which is required equipment for Stabili-Trak. The base Eldorado, base DeVille, and DeVille d'Elegance featured passive dampers.

In 1998, I know all Sevilles had Stabili-Trak, including STS and SLS. I don't know about DeVille or Eldorado.

The mid '90s was when that feature, and underlying equipment, was beginning to be phased in. In 1997, which was the first year for Stabili-Trak, only the ETC, STS, and DeVille Concours were equipped. The SLS, which was not equipped with Stabili-Trak, WAS featured with the CV-RSS, which is required equipment for Stabili-Trak. The base Eldorado, base DeVille, and DeVille d'Elegance featured passive dampers.

In 1998, I know all Sevilles had Stabili-Trak, including STS and SLS. I don't know about DeVille or Eldorado.

Ah thanks for that info. I don't believe it was Standard in 98 for Eldorado and Deville, the didn't undergo the platform change the STS went threw if memory serves me right from other postings.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Archived