CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Upgrading to later model

Catch Me

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of moving to a 98 or 99 SLS from the 96 SLS. Anyone have any input as to what I would gain other that having a two or three year newer car.

Is there any real changes that I should look out for that may cause problems? Any changes for the better?

The 96 is still a great runner but is getting close to a 100k and since my wife drives it often I need to start looking.

Women. <_<

I can't get through to her this is a car that is good for over 200k.

Anything with a 100k on it she won't drive.

Thanks for any help.

Not sure about the '98, but the '99 has electro-illuminecent guages that I don't think the '96 had. The guages have the appearance of floating in air. I think they really look great. My daughters previous '99 SLS also had CVRSS. I'm not sure if that was standard or optional though. Her '02 does not so it may have been an option. Too bad you weren't looking a few months ago when she sold the '99. It only had 40K on it.

Not sure about the '98, but the '99 has electro-illuminecent guages that I don't think the '96 had. The guages have the appearance of floating in air. I think they really look great. My daughters previous '99 SLS also had CVRSS. I'm not sure if that was standard or optional though. Her '02 does not so it may have been an option. Too bad you weren't looking a few months ago when she sold the '99. It only had 40K on it.

Yes that sounds about right. I am always a day late and a buck short on the good deals.

I thank you for the information.

How is the 02 model?

The '99 has electro-illuminecent guages that I don't think the '96 had. The guages have the appearance of floating in air. I think they really look great.

I'll second that! I just upgraded my 2000 Deville's digital cluster to analog and the electro-illuminecent guages look absolutely awesome!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

How is the 02 model?

Pretty close to the '99. Small differences like wheels, grill & engine changes from 2000.It has ultrasonic rear parking assist, wood package, crimson pearl paint and a few other things that the '99 didn't, but overall not to different. It was a tad to small for me and she loved the crimson pearl so when I found my '03 DHS I had a buyer for the '02 SLS

All the great interior upgrades occured in the 98 model year. That included the electro-luminescent gauges, the gated shifter, the side air bags, the 8 speaker stereo (base or Bose), and the pass through trunk.

Charles

Charles

Archived