CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

signal lights

sts_driver

Hi there, I have been coming on to this site for about a month now. I just never got the chance to sign up, now that I have I have a question to ask. I have a 1994 STS, My signal lights will not come on when I flick them, the four ways work and the side lights work but it will not signal. I appreciate any help as I know this is the best Cadillac info boar out there, and I will be very greatful if someone has some advice for whats happening with my car.

Thank you and I hope I have a good experience with this bored, as I have registered to many others this is by far my favorite.

I'm unclear. Do your signal lights illuminate but not flash? Or do they not light at all when you engage the turn signal switch?

If they do light when you hit the turn signal and if your hazard and brake lights work, your turn signal switch is likely good.

Have you checked the turn flasher module?

Location: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBucket/Chime3.jpg (218KB)

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Welcome aboard!

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

If you don't have any OBD I codes, it is probably the flasher. Cadillac uses a three-terminal electronic flasher. Mine went out at about 100,000 miles. It's under the dash, clipped to a brace near the steering tube. The Cadillac dealer has only three listed for my year range, and one of them is the two-terminal hazard warning switch flasher. I don't recall the price, which means that it wasn't memorable.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I'm unclear. Do your signal lights illuminate but not flash? Or do they not light at all when you engage the turn signal switch?

If they do light when you hit the turn signal and if your hazard and brake lights work, your turn signal switch is likely good.

Have you checked the turn flasher module?

Location: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBucket/Chime3.jpg (218KB)

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Welcome aboard!

If you don't have any OBD I codes, it is probably the flasher. Cadillac uses a three-terminal electronic flasher. Mine went out at about 100,000 miles. It's under the dash, clipped to a brace near the steering tube. The Cadillac dealer has only three listed for my year range, and one of them is the two-terminal hazard warning switch flasher. I don't recall the price, which means that it wasn't memorable.

Thank you for your advice, yes the brake lights work the hazards work and the side lights, that light up the side of the road when you signal work. It's just the signals themselves that are out. I will call the dealership tommorow and see what they want for that flasher modual, if thats what you guys think it is. No the signal lights do not illuminate just the side markers do. The will light up when you turn the lights on they just won't flash. The image below is what I am calling the side marker this still illuminates when I try to signal. head lights and tail lights and hazards all work.... Thanks for the help guys really appreciated :) A

post-4951-1165362472_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived