CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Windshield Washer Fluid

GreenMachine

Other than putting the added stress on that pump and running it until it all sprays out, is there easier way? A drainplug somewhere, can't seem to find any info on draining in the FSM.

I ask because I have the Prestone bug wash, and I have begun to hate it, leaves a film or something on the windshield that doesn't act well to cold weather (fogs up from simply the cold wiper blade going across it) and I want to flush it out, any suggestions?

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Syphon.

Good idea, just have to find a long enough piece of tube and not swallow :P

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Spray into the windshield washer filler with the nozzle from a garden hose until you are all wet, the washer resivoir is flushed with clean water, and the engine and fender are rinsed off.

Of course, the sipon is neater.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Wet/dry shop vac will suck it out. If the nozzle is too big tape a piece of hose in the nozzle that will reach the bottom. (duct tape)

Then wash the w/s w/ Barkeepers Friend or something similar (non-abrasive) to get all the old stuff off.

took alittle while but found some old oxygen tubing and that was able to navigate the bend in the filler neck and get to the bottom to get it all out. I put in rain-x de-icer, a must have for winter in buffalo in my opinion, now all I need is to think about that flash heat washer fluid thing.

The Green's Machines

Archived