CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Window Tint

WarrenJ

love the SRX, but sometimes i really miss that eldo too :rolleyes:

-dave B)

That Eldo was a beaut - what kind of tires were those?

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eldo's do look the best when tinted out. I wish Cadillac still made them I really hope caddy comes out with them in the near future (It can happen just look at chevy camero scapped in 02 returns in 09) Im keeping my hopes up I will be the first one on the waiting lists, Lol

2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Light platinum 39K miles

~Vogue VTXi Package - Corsa Exhaust - K & N Cold air intake - Blacked out tints

2004 Cadillac Escalade 6.0L all-whell drive Pewter 42k miles

~22" Tis 07 Rims - E&G Chrome Vertyical billet Grill - Limo tints - Tv's in the Visor and headrests

1990 Mustang GT Painted Cadillac Diamond White - 604 Rwhp

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

2005 Cadillac STS V8(Dad)

2000 Eldorado ETC (Brother)

DONE!

post-416-1165259150_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

DONE!

That looks very nice! Good choice.

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

Looks great Warren!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Nice! So it looks like you went with the 35% tint?

Charles

Yep.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Thanks for the kind words. :)

YES, generally I like it. Black, however, is not my favorite color. Remember, I bought this Eldorado on the quick after Baby enjoyed her Viking Funeral.

I'm trying to make this one perfect simply for my own enjoyment. Once the passenger side pipes are elevated to the same height as the driver's side I'll be done.

Yes, I'm anal.

In a few months, or a season or two, I'll be looking for a newer Eldorado that is more to my taste (NOT black!). For now, however, the budget doesn't allow for my dreams. :)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Very, very nice .... no one's gonna mess with your "mafioso" ride!

Funny thing about your comments on not liking a black car. I told my wife tonight that

my next used Caddy will be black on black ... after 2 reds and 1 pearl white, my goal is to

work my way through the colour chart ... black is my next choice.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Funny thing about your comments on not liking a black car. I told my wife tonight that

my next used Caddy will be black on black ... after 2 reds and 1 pearl white, my goal is to

:D:D:D

Maybe we should discuss a sale? It's Sable Black, you know. And now tinted! :D

Posted Image

Looks nice!

Nothing against your car, but I've owned 2 black cars. . . there WON'T be a 3rd.

Understood!

Posted Image

:D:D:D

Maybe we should discuss a sale? It's Sable Black, you know. And now tinted! :D

Who knows .... I'll be in the market next summer ... if she's still available, I'd probably

jump at the chance ... if BBF doesn't beat me to it!

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Looks nice!

Nothing against your car, but I've owned 2 black cars. . . there WON'T be a 3rd.

Understood!

I love your car but I am far too anal to keep up with that sort of cleaning regimen! I don't know how you sleep at night...knowing that dust is slowly but surely accumulating on your immaculate paint... :P

Looks nice!

Understood!

I love your car but I am far too anal to keep up with that sort of cleaning regimen! I don't know how you sleep at night...knowing that dust is slowly but surely accumulating on your immaculate paint... :P

Black is the sharpest color the day you wash it and the ugliest the day after. ;)

Who knows .... I'll be in the market next summer ... if she's still available, I'd probably

BbF has a jump on you. He's already driven the steed. :D:D:D

J/K,

Warren

Posted Image

Thanks for the kind words. :)

YES, generally I like it. Black, however, is not my favorite color. Remember, I bought this Eldorado on the quick after Baby enjoyed her Viking Funeral.

I'm trying to make this one perfect simply for my own enjoyment. Once the passenger side pipes are elevated to the same height as the driver's side I'll be done.

Yes, I'm anal.

In a few months, or a season or two, I'll be looking for a newer Eldorado that is more to my taste (NOT black!). For now, however, the budget doesn't allow for my dreams. :)

Regards,

Warren

I see what you mean about your pipes ... they drove me crazy on my 97 STS .

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I see what you mean about your pipes ... they drove me crazy on my 97 STS .

They won't drive me crazier; I'll simply get them fixed.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

BbF has a jump on you. He's already driven the steed. :D:D:D

J/K,

Warren

That I have! I think I will look for an Eldorado next year once I get my transmission code fixed. As others have mentioned black is so hard to keep looking sharp, I have had two white cars in a row now, and I can say even when its dirty you can't tell.

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

. . . . As others have mentioned black is so hard to keep looking sharp, I have had two white cars in a row now, and I can say even when its dirty you can't tell.

My '83 Coupe d'Elegance was a light powder blue. Even when it was filthy it looked good from 10 feet away.

Black, however, is not like that! :o

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

I loved my powder blue 66 convertible

Warren, maybe I didn't know the trick, but I messed around with my tail pipes the entire two years I had that car, and could never get them right. Even though I know longer have that car, I'd love to know what it takes. Must be a common problem on those eldos.

-dave

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Warren, maybe I didn't know the trick, but I messed around with my tail pipes the entire two years I had that car, and could never get them right. Even though I know longer have that car, I'd love to know what it takes. Must be a common problem on those eldos.

-dave

I don't view that as a problem. Not to be too snot-nosed about it, but I'll simply pay someone to take care of it. If they don't do it right, I'll have "The Fred" shoot the smurf*s. :)

Regards,

Warren :P

Posted Image

-dave

I don't view that as a problem. Not to be too snot-nosed about it, but I'll simply pay someone to take care of it. If they don't do it right, I'll have "The Fred" shoot the smurf*s. :)

Regards,

Warren :P

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So glad we have The Fred to cover us! :D

No, you're not snot-nosed at all, just smarter than me. :D I'm just too cheap and always try to fix stuff like that which is my own fault :D Oh well, let me know the out comes anyway.

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Archived