CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How Far Have They Come?

GreenMachine

Great read, I don't think even Cadillac thought their plan would unfold so well.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m316...i_57165169/pg_1

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Very interesting article, but they're NOT "ducks." They're merlettes. For some dumb anal reason that just tics me off.

And, I'd forgotten about "The Caddy That Zigs." But sadly, 'twas best left forgotten. :)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Interesting article. Does anybody know how many vehicles Cadillac is currently selling per year?

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Interesting article. Does anybody know how many vehicles Cadillac is currently selling per year?

"Cadillac is the other sales success story, with projected car sales of 160,859, up almost 20,000. Cadillac "trucks," like much of the rest of the industry, have suffered from gas-price-fright - or perhaps it is rationality - so overall brand sales at 235,002 were just a hair ahead of '04. But compare that to the roughly 123,000 for once archrival Lincoln, which as noted outsold Caddy only a few years ago. The Cadillac team deserves more than just a pat on the back."

SOURCE: http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto_News/...S175.A9879.html

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

It really is something how they've been turning around, I'm also pretty sure they never expected the Esclade to be as popular as it is now, especially with the "MTV" and "Rap" generation, I'm kinda in that but I don't watch MTV and really don't care for rap or SUVs. The CTS certainly fit the bill to replace catera, and has been changing the way all luxury cars look.

Now with the improved interiors coming along they certainly could become the standard of the world again, epsecially with brand like Mercedes having reliability issues, soon, maybe, it will be Cadillacs as the benchmark and all others comparing to them.

No matter how you look at it, Cadillac is improving, now if only they could pump some used RWD STS V8 models into the market I'd be a happy camper :)

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

. . . . now if only they could pump some used RWD STS V8 models into the market I'd be a happy camper :)

They're doing it right now; you only have to wait 5 years or so to call one your own. :lol:

Okay, maybe 6.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

. . . . now if only they could pump some used RWD STS V8 models into the market I'd be a happy camper :)

They're doing it right now; you only have to wait 5 years or so to call one your own. :lol:

Okay, maybe 6.

Regards,

Warren

A part I ordered came in, so I went to the dealer real quick, less than a 5 min drive, I saw a nice white, 2006 STS V8 with a Hood Ornament! having its keys being handed over to its owner. Looked kinda odd with the grill logo and the hood ornament but looked nice none the less, guess its a factory option for the caddy's still. They exhuast note sounds great, same sound, maybe freer breathing and more powerful, [insert Tim Allen Grunt]

Hmm my friends mother might be selling her 94 (might be 95) Camaro...pretty cheap too, I think that could be a good building block for RWD northstar creation thats been spinning wheels in my head.

The Green's Machines

. . . . Looked kinda odd with the grill logo and the hood ornament . . . . .

Hmm my friends mother might be selling her 94 (might be 95) Camaro...pretty cheap too, I think that could be a good building block for RWD northstar creation thats been spinning wheels in my head.

Yeah, I'd let the car go if I didn't like the hood ornament. :D:D:D

Careful with that Camaro. You could have too much fun putting money into that pit! :P

That's one of the great things about our Cadillacs: no aftermarket bolt-ons! :P

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

That's one of the great things about our Cadillacs: no aftermarket bolt-ons! :P

... except Borlas.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived