CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bad Driver Side Door Module

etzelb

I have a bad DSDM Part #25735400 1998 STS. If I buy a new module on-line does it need to be programed by the dealer? I would think it should be programed already.

The Factory Service Manual simply says to remove and replace it. No mention is made about programming it.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

The Factory Service Manual simply says to remove and replace it. No mention is made about programming it.

Regards,

Warren

Thanks Warren,

I have the FSM and I to didn't see anywere it said it needed to be programed. The reason I ask is I had the local Cadillac dealer check it and he said a new one would have to be programed. They didn't have one in stock so I was going to order one on the Internet to save some cash. :) They wanted over $400 to replace it.

This all started after I replaced my battery. The POS post just broke off. I have taked to other people in the trade and they said DECO batteries are the worst ones for this. The post will start leaking and then break off. So that is something everyone needs to check.

After replacing the battery none of the windows would go up or down. After lots of checking the voltages and grounds took it to the dealer. It said the PS and rear windows should work if it was the Driver Side Door Module. After hours of him trouble shooting it said it was the DSDM. It used one from someplace to check for sure. He said some engineer will have to explane that one for it sould not affect the other doors when you use the switch on the PS or Rear doors.

Bobby

This all started after I replaced my battery. The POS post just broke off. I have taked to other people in the trade and they said DECO batteries are the worst ones for this. The post will start leaking and then break off. So that is something everyone needs to check.

Some very high percentage of battery terminal problems are caused by someone, somewhere, onetime using too much torque on the cable bolts. If snug is good, really tight must be better.

Thirteen lb. ft. is recommended.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived