CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Throttle Body Cleaning

GreenMachine

Since the weather was good and the Bills game was blacked out figured I'd do a little maintenance before winter fully arrives.

Looking threw my records I now see that I haven't replaced the Air Filter since 2002 (right around, if not when, we bought the car. It didn't look bad, but it certainly looked ugly next to the new one.

I did however, a few months ago, do a quick cleaning of the edge of the throttle body blade so my throttle wouldn't stick, figured it was time to finish the job.

When I had all the intake pieces off I cleaned them down a bit, getting and thing near the connections cleaned off and especially bottom half the air box.

Car feels much more responsive to even the smallest amount of throttle change seems to do the 1-2 WOT shift consistently at 6000RPMS and change (keeping eyes on road and seeing the exact number are kinda hard, even a in parking lot).

In any event I also cleaned up the engine a bit, getting all that dust and other such stuff that seems to be in the air when tree cutting, leaving mulching, grass cutting, and construction seem to coat under the hood.

In doing that I discovered this label:

IPB Image

Do any of you know what this is for? Its right in front of where the waterpump is on the black "beauty cover" that covers up the radiator and headlamp assemblies.

If the image isnt clear enough the numbers read:

CAMPAIGN

COMPLETED

DEALER CODE

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

# TSB #00066 -- SUBJECT REGARDING RECALL CAMPAIGN 00066 - INADVERTENT DEPLOYMENT OF SIDE IMPACT AIR BAG. *TT (NHTSA ID #617616, NOVEMBER 08 2000)

ah good to know...I was working on the door panel the otherday and I am glad that was taken care of :)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Archived